Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who bought SS totenkopf collartabs on "germanmilitaria.com"

Hi guys

I was interested in a set of collartabs of a "totenkopf scharführer" that were for sale on the site of German militaria. com :

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S028860.html

Unfortunately, the set was already sold last friday. Because I'm still interested in the pair, the buyer may always contact me when he wants to sell them. I would make a good offer or a good exchange. I have some things that maybe are interesting enough.

PS I read that the rzm tags have to be an F when it's attached to totenkopf collartabs. This rzm tag has an B instead, is this ok?

And there is no inkt stamp on the paper, what does it mean?

greets
    T

A "B" tag is correct for machine embroidered items; the "F" is for complex bullion hand embroidered badges...

Comment

Arran is correct in my experience; these distinctions go back to the SA era. The B label denotes machine-finished, as best I know.

Comment

An 'F' tag for a hand-embroidered skull tab would be acceptable, 'B' for machine embroidered and hand formed is normal, an 'A' for a machine woven item from a roll.

Ian.

Comment

I'd like to know why a late war Dachau TK tab has an RZM tag on the back.

Comment

I had seen a late dachau tk tab with B tag example before and it baffles me too. The one on Peter site had been for sale for some time ( a few months), so it had finally sold... good luck in your hunt collectorGD

Comment

Thanks very much for your reactions.

An inkt stamp in blue, red or purple colour, is not obliged on a RZM tag?

greets
              T

Comment

Originally posted by collectorGD View Post
                Thanks very much for your reactions.

An inkt stamp in blue, red or purple colour, is not obliged on a RZM tag?

greets
                T
                Well, it should be there, but these tags were sent to the manufacturer without their stamp on it, and it was up to them to apply it. Sometimes these colored manufacturer's stamps fade to nothing, and its also possible that it was missed altogether...

Comment

Originally posted by SSgentleman View Post
                  I had seen a late dachau tk tab with B tag example before and it baffles me too. The one on Peter site had been for sale for some time ( a few months), so it had finally sold... good luck in your hunt collectorGD
                  I've seen another example as well. Also, why is late tab sewn to a rank tab? Dachau tabs were found loose and I've never heard of them being found with a rank tab sewn to an example like that (sewn by the factory or otherwise.)

Are we even sure the RZM tag is original?

Comment

I have a collection of SS Feldpost and one of the letters is interesting. Ernst Staudle, SS Scharführer in the TK Artillerie regiment was heavily wounded and he lay in a non waffen-SS hospital. In his letter to his mother in februar 1942, he asked her if she could send him "ein paar Totenkopfspiegel" to him. So SS TK collartabs were for sale in German army shops during ww2 I suppose. And maybe they were fitted together?

About the originality of these collartabs, I can't say nothing.... Somebody can?

greets
                    T

Comment

Don't know for sure if my set ever had any labels, but it doesn't look like it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                        Attached Files

Comment

very nice set!

thanks for sharing mr G Hanson

T

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X