Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M42 combat tunic on e-stand

Dear Fellow Collectors,

There is currently on e-stand an M42 SS NCO Combat tunic: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=368018 We all know how rare and desirable original untouched SS combat tunics, let alone an M42 NCO with a cufftitle. I am curious to hear opinions from fellow members about this tunic, I must also add that I have never encountered any original untouched SS combat tunics especialy with CT for such a bargain price. The only SS tunic one might be able to obtain at such a price is one of the unissued M43 variety. I would be very interested to hear opinions from other forum members about this tunic.

Many Thanks,
    Dave.

The insignia are original.

Ian.

Comment

That is the price these type of SS tunics go for.

All of the other one you talk about and you see around are way overpriced.

I dont see problems on this tunic,maybe the cufftitle is reapplied but of course you need to handle it to give a better opinion

Comment

SS M42 NCO combat tunic on e-stand

Fellow WAF members,

So I guess the three basic quesions are, Is the tunic a real unaltered in any way SS M42 combat tunic? Is the insignia original?, and most important is the insignia and tress original wartime applied to the tunic?

Thanks,
        Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          The insignia are original.

Ian.
          Eagle also?

Comment

Originally posted by DKNYC71 View Post
            Fellow WAF members,

So I guess the three basic quesions are, Is the tunic a real unaltered in any way SS M42 combat tunic? Is the insignia original?, and most important is the insignia and tress original wartime applied to the tunic?

Thanks,
            Dave.
            he didn't say that's unotouched and unaltered... where do you live, in dreamland?

It has a good price. And a price for a restored tunic. What's the problem?

ps: imo also the eagle it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
              he didn't say that's unotouched and unaltered... where do you live, in dreamland?

It has a good price. And a price for a restored tunic. What's the problem?

ps: imo also the eagle it's good.
              I do not live in a dreamland, when tunics are restored / altered that fact is always stated, when such statement(s) is omitted is is impllied that the seller is representing and selling the item as a wartime unaltered original. And one does not have to live in dreamland to find unaltered SS tunics, there has been a number of untouched SS tunics brought back here to the United States after the war.
              Last edited by DKNYC71; 07-18-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Proably replaced insignia.
                You are not able to tell from the pictures he has placed.

Comment

I do not live in a dreamland, when tunics are restored / altered that fact is always stated, when such statement(s) is omitted is is impllied that the seller is representing and selling the item as a wartime unaltered original. And one does not have to live in dreamland to find unaltered SS tunics, there has been a number of untouched SS tunics brought back here to the United States after the war.

Imo Bonneville is a wellknown collector and seller... this item is priced 4500 euro... if unotouched with pedigree at least 4/5 X

He can say "restored" but imo... he thinks the price speaks well.

However... if i had money... i bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                    Imo Bonneville is a wellknown collector and seller... this item is priced 4500 euro... if unotouched with pedigree at least 4/5 X

He can say "restored" but imo... he thinks the price speaks well.

However... if i had money... i bought it.
                    So in a round about way you are saying this is an original put-together tunic. If that is the case, it would have been nice to listed as such, instead of omitting such a 'minor' fact in the listing.

Comment

yes. it would be better.

Comment

Dknyc71

IF DKNYC71 IS ABLE TO OFFER ME AN UNTOUCHED SS COMBAT TUNIC, i would offer top dollar for it, so DKNYC71 do not hesitate to pm me !

all ss tunics which are offered here are put together, this is obvious: a seller does not need to use a forum to sell an original non put together ss tunic ...

all the best

Comment

ss tunic

So in a round about way you are saying this is an original put-together tunic. If that is the case, it would have been nice to listed as such, instead of omitting such a 'minor' fact in the listing.
                          im with you on this,if something is altered or added to or messed with in any way, then it should be in the description when listed on the estand.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post
                            Eagle also?
                            Hi,

What do you think is wrong with this one? IMO a early/mid war common pattern eagle.

Rgds
                            Pål

Comment

Dear Guys,
                              many thank to all for your comment.I'm sorry for my (BAD DESCRIPTIONS),I have buy this tunic with the insignias more years a go.In my opinions is not original stitiched ,the collar tresse IMO is original of the tunic.The insignias is very nice and original with the same patina of the tunic,but I repeat for me is a very good restore SS m.42 tunic. I hope you like it also.
                              Bonneville

About the price I think is a fair price but only because I have need of sell in this time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X