Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with fake SS cap set

Hey guys,

I recently found out that a local dealer I have been buying from for years has sold me many fake badges. He has agreed to let me trade for badges I deem original. I need help proving that the badge in the photos below is in fact a fake. If you have any information on the set and or good references on real TKs and eagles I would really appreciate your input.

I have more badges I will be posting in the next few days.

Thank you,

Bryant

Fake

The prongs are too long on both the eagle and the skull , the quality is poor ,size looks wrong, material looks unlike any war time made ss insignia bad to the bone ......ect ect ect

Comment

Sorry but they are indeed bad. When you say a local dealer ... do you mean Mark Morton, aka Beaverflaps on Ebay.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        Sorry but they are indeed bad. When you say a local dealer ... do you mean Mark Morton, aka Beaverflaps on Ebay.

Ian
        Hi Ian,

I've never heard of Mark Morton. My dealer ahem...soon to be ex dealer is a guy named Nelson.

-Bryant

Comment

While not the worst fakes in the world, theye are still quite obviously so. Deschler made many versions of their skulls and a few of their eagles. All are well documented. These resemble none of them. The basic materials are wrong, as are the construction methods. The clumsy pins are a basic giveaway.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X