Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Tunic Eagle flat wire

Hi,

Any opnions would be geat, it feels great in hand but I'm no expert at these.

Thank you
    Attached Files

A
    Attached Files

Comment

sabers,
      It's a bad one, "bowling pin" shaped body.
      Regards,
      Fred

Comment

I believe they call this the bowling pin eagle, and say they are not period, but i am not sure if thats so, or if they were copied off of an original. Im betting more say its not right...but as i said , i am not for sure sure.

Comment

It is a sure reproduction!

I am sorry!

//Felix

Comment

EM version of the BP eagle.(to compare)

you might want to pass as these are not accepted as original...at least so far. No one has ever done any studies on em, as i have heard conflicting opinions, but more to the negative than the positive. Aybody have any proof to back up the theory? There are a few minor differences like your wing length, second line abobe bp bottom having more points, hjead shape at back of head, beak width .etc.
            Last edited by juoneen; 07-07-2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post

you might want to pass as these are not accepted as original...at least so far. No one has ever done any studies on em, as i have heard conflicting opinions, but more to the negative than the positive. Aybody have any proof to back up the theory? There are a few minor differences like your wing length, second line abobe bp bottom having more points, hjead shape at back of head, beak width .etc.
              I am not sure what "proof" you require or what sort of "study" you are suggesting is necessary. There is no theory; it is a fact that these are well-known fakes.

Comment

These are fakes---just study the weave, but I am not sure these are the so-called bowling pin shaped fakes...I believe the shape on that one is different hence the name...I do not have one handy to photograph...

J

Comment

Thank you for the posts, I had my doubts about the other 2 items posted but I had a decent feelinig about this one. Its not that I dont take your word "I do", but does anyone else have photos of this fake?

Thank you all
                  Tony

Comment

Originally posted by sabersandsuch View Post
                    Thank you for the posts, I had my doubts about the other 2 items posted but I had a decent feelinig about this one. Its not that I dont take your word "I do", but does anyone else have photos of this fake?

Thank you all
                    Tony
                    Just enter "bowling pin" in the forum search function and you will find dozens of photos of this fake.

Comment

Sleeve Eagle

Use the pinned "Links to Fake Threads & Threads of interest" feature that is at the begining of this section. I found your eagle in about 90 seconds.

Charles Betz
                      Last edited by C. Betz; 07-07-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

If you study the metal wire used to weave the initial eagle you'll notice that it's copper plated with a silver coloured finish.

100% fake, they've been around as long as I have been interested in militaria .... like 34 years or there abouts.

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X