Recon Boards??? w/ black underlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recon Boards??? w/ black underlay

I hope someone can provide some idea on this set of LT boards. Boards are 2-piece, piping is brown with the underlay being in black. My initial investigation has them being possibly SS Recon. Thougts? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

3 - You can definitely see this pair was worn by where the button was located to hold the boards in place.
      Attached Files

Comment

4 - various other profiles of the boards to follow
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well if the piping is brown its possible that they could be KL boards.

Comment

Hadn't thought of that possibility Jay. I will use the search engine to see if any others are in the archives. Any KL boards out there where we can perform a stare and compare? Thanks Jay for the tip.

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but two pips should be Captain rank. Still nice set of boards, possible recon or camp boards. Maybe even construction. Great set either way. Matt

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but two pips should be Captain rank
                        Matt - you are correct!

Well if the piping is brown its possible that they could be KL boards.
                        Jay - I looked up your previous post on the boards you posted last year. I would say that these definitely have a good chance of being KL boards. I will look to see what others might have to say as well.

Comment

The wool on the piping looks like an awfully loose weave for German TR era wool. They do not have the look for me, and are possibly rebuilt as the tops show age. That is only my observation out of the gate. It would be nice to get some more opinions on the wool.

Richard
                          Last edited by Richard P; 07-03-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I am not so keen on the piping either, but I will cannot say for sure that it is fake/put together.

I would pass if offered.

Comment

They look kind of short as opposed to their width ? They certainly don't float my boat I'm afraid.

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X