Uncut SS Sleeve Eagles -- Bogus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncut SS Sleeve Eagles -- Bogus??

I've come across some uncut SS enlisted man sleeve eagles, on a single swatch of black cloth. I'm not an SS insignia expert; barely even an amature. I'm always highly skeptical of something like this. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DouglasDwight; 06-27-2009, 07:13 PM.

Another view...
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse....
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse again...
        Attached Files

Comment

Eagles

Look OK

Comment

Thanks, Peter.

I am just really suspicious of seeing them all together like this, uncut. Has anyone seen these before in this fashion?

I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thoughts on value?

Comment

super nice

Comment

Eagles

Yes, they have turned up this way before. Figure about $175 each retail.

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
                  Has anyone seen these before in this fashion?
                  Yes, several times.

Comment

ditto Billbert

Comment

Here is a close-up of a single off the same sheet...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close-up of the reverse of a single from the same sheet...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. I'd like to list on e-stand. Would there be any premium for the eaglles still together as one lot?

Comment

Sell them together if you can!
                            However most selles cut these up in individual pieces which makes a collector sad. However it can be hard to find a buyer for the sheet.

//Felix

Comment

George Peterson had a sheet of these about maybe two or three years ago, he got them from a vet's son or something of that nature and they were good. They eagles were stitched onto the cloth in the same pattern as your eagles and I think he was selling them for 125 or 150 a piece and I think I bought one or two actually six and I then sold them in the same way--yeah my memory is not the best but it kicks in eventually...he would let you buy as many as you wanted but he did the cutting so as to see that you did not cut into the black outline area of another eagle. I think when I saw the sheet there were maybe 50 to 100 eagles left and the next time I saw George all of the eagles were sold.

Anyway a few dealers bought them and tried to cut them into the correct shape, oh hehe that was something they all came out funny looking from what I saw....I think when they cut these at the factory or Dachau or wherever the heck they made them they had a form that punched them out--sort of like a cookie cutter for SS cloth. So whenever you see these eagles that have "less than perfect" outlines (off center is okay...as they can be punched out off center--usually towards the top or the bottom) they likely came from these sheets...anyway neat items.

Cheers,

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X