ss mein kampf box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
    I would suspect they got the same "Hochzeitausgabe" as everyone else.
    I agree................but i think the dedication would have been from the local SS commander rather than the Buergermeister.

SS 'weddings' were pagan, rather than Christian. I believe this box was reserved for those married within the traditions of the SS, not the Christian Church.

No proof of this either, though............................ so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
      I was told that years ago Tom Johnson marketed repros of these that were pretty good because he had them handmade. Anyone ever seen one of those?
      I saw copies of these MK boxes years ago in the UK.................they were very poor quality when compared to the real thing. I don't know where they came from. I assumed they were made in England.

Comment

The quality of the copies were on a par with this abortion..............
        Attached Files

Comment

Another crapper.
          Attached Files

Comment

The box in post #48 was not made to be passed off as an authentic 3rd Reich piece..

He made it with some common period hand tools to house his Honor ring and some other small collectibles.. It is from the cover of Dons book , [maybe something period too?]...

Comment

native language

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
              Nice light bedtime reading....................

http://www.magitech.com/runes/gorsleben.pdf
              I prefer the original
              as
              Somthing is always lost in translation.
              Attached Files

Comment

Well i just won another mein kampf on ebay i just hope this chap fits when it lands,,
                Attached Files

Comment

W
                  Attached Files

Comment

It will fit nicely, with just a little space around the book. My casket came with the matching wedding edition (both 1944, see the other thread).

Comment

Would be perfect if the groom Beckmann had any ties to the SS ...

Guess I'll have to do some more digging myself. At least the bride's name is not so common and I located it in the phone book of the city where the couple married.

Comment

thanks for helping research the mk i really apreciate it rgds Dave

Comment

Checked the phone book of (Burg-)Steinfurt, quite a few entries: 16 Beckmanns these days !

Comment

Wolfslair

Nice Item, I've been collecting Third Reich for close to 20 years and I had a chance to purchase one of these in 1994 for $1000. I asked my wife and she said NO! So I bought it. It now sits pride of place within my collection.
                            Don't sell it. These are super rare and are hard to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
                              I asked my wife and she said NO! So I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
                                "...I asked my wife and ..."

Not recommended

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X