Clear All

m
    Attached Files

Comment

n
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice.

Most of these have little chips or cracks................a buff over with scratch cover can really 'bring it back to life'.

I've never seen a photo of one of these being used, but it must have been at a ceremony like this.
        Attached Files

Comment

Or this.

Each main Allgemeine-SS unit (probably Standarte level) would have had one of these boxes.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Robin for the info and pics i wondered how they used them at first i thought each officer was presented with one to keep with his mein kampf,so am i right in thinking now that the unit just kept the one box and took out the mk from it which they presented to the happy couple ? cheers Dave

Comment

Originally posted by sscrooge View Post
              me being a bit of a scrooge try to keep the lights at a minimum and all my lights are energy saving bulbs thats why it looks darker than it actually is and hasnt been refinished the repair is a split that has just been glued , heres a lighter pic, cheers Dave
              Ah, I see. Much better.

That is truly an outstanding box. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                Nice.

Most of these have little chips or cracks................a buff over with scratch cover can really 'bring it back to life'.

I've never seen a photo of one of these being used, but it must have been at a ceremony like this.
                I have never seen a photo either, and I have been keeping an eye out.
                Nor have I ever found anything written about these boxes in a book with citations and sources given. Nor have I found any original SS literature on it...not that it would be easy, but I do try.
                -Michael

Comment

Appreciate it's value as a period item and it's beautiful.

I often wonder why the many skilled wood shop and craft people who are also militaria collectors don't make similar items (new) to sell. I'd own several, and be willing to pay for the obvious skills needed to make such an item. Not just SS, but other areas as well.

Comment

Very nice and Congratulations, again! A true treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by sscrooge View Post
                      Am i right in thinking now that the unit just kept the one box and took out the mk from it which they presented to the happy couple ?
                      Korrekt!

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Robin cheers Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Marc,

I think that we all would not be disappointed if you would share some pics of one of your Bernstein-MK-issues here.

It is quite remarkable how much effort they took within the Third Reich to let a book become a piece of art!

Hy Thorsten,

here you find my amber edition!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...344405&page=10

Marc

Comment

Hi,
                            Not bad for a E-bay purchase i saw it too and made a offer but the price was just a little to high for me at the moment.
                            All the best Merdock

Comment

I have two questions for those who have studied these boxes.

First, was there a special SS edition of Mein Kampf presented in the box, or could the SS Mann simply put any random edition into the box?

Second, could someone who owns a box please provide us with measurements of the box, both exterior and interior?

Thanks and best regards,

B.A.Vierling

Comment

Originally posted by Albrecht View Post
                                I have two questions for those who have studied these boxes.

First, was there a special SS edition of Mein Kampf presented in the box, or could the SS Mann simply put any random edition into the box?

Second, could someone who owns a box please provide us with measurements of the box, both exterior and interior?

Thanks and best regards,

B.A.Vierling
                                Hello B.A.V.,
                                perhaps it would be best not to give out such measurements for the fakers.
                                I have grave worries about such info falling into the wrong hands without even having to shell out the money to get one.

Sincerely Michael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X