SD Sleeve Diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Sleeve Diamond

Got this in Davenport, Iowa. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, its bad.

Comment

Yes, it didn’t exist in Bevo

Comment

Yes not a good one. Here's one from my collection.
              Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

Maybe a dumb question but why would they make other things in flatwire bevo and not this? I have this item in hand. It is of exceptional quality. The pics do not do it justice. It even smells old. LOL

Anyway I think its strange that such a bogus unfinished item came out of an estate sale in Davenport, Iowa. Last time I looked Davenport is not a hot bed a WWII fake militaria. I dont even see fake flatwire sleeve diamonds out there to easily pick up. I appreciate your opinions on the matter though.

Comment

Originally posted by mmurray306 View Post
                    Maybe a dumb question but why would they make other things in flatwire bevo and not this? I have this item in hand. It is of exceptional quality. The pics do not do it justice. It even smells old. LOL

Anyway I think its strange that such a bogus unfinished item came out of an estate sale in Davenport, Iowa. Last time I looked Davenport is not a hot bed a WWII fake militaria. I dont even see fake flatwire sleeve diamonds out there to easily pick up. I appreciate your opinions on the matter though.
                    Your right to feel like you do about this sleeve diamond. I have seen a few over the years and they are really nice looking. I don't think anyone can name the source of this supposed fake, but it has been deemed so by the collecting community. Also, no period photos support it's existance. That's not good as you can imagine. It would be easily indentified in a period photo if it did exist. I would also guess that no one can claim one as vet acquired as well. Case closed, sad but true!
                    Peter

Comment

Well if this is a fake it must be a rare fake cause I have never come across them. If the last person who posted is correct and there is no source.... I must have the rarest and most mysterious fake out there. LOL That in itself must be worth my $60.00 investment. Oh well....thanks for all who posted. If anyone else has an opinion I would sure appreciate it.

Comment

Well if this is a fake it must be a rare fake cause I have never come across them. If the last person who posted is correct and there is no source.... I must have the rarest and most mysterious fake out there. LOL That in itself must be worth my $60.00 investment. Oh well....thanks for all who posted. If anyone else has an opinion I would sure appreciate it.
                        Check ebay... these show up there on pretty regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                          Your right to feel like you do about this sleeve diamond. I have seen a few over the years and they are really nice looking. I don't think anyone can name the source of this supposed fake, but it has been deemed so by the collecting community. Also, no period photos support it's existance. That's not good as you can imagine. It would be easily indentified in a period photo if it did exist. I would also guess that no one can claim one as vet acquired as well. Case closed, sad but true!
                          Peter

I remember seeing these in the vicinity of Johan Flok in the late 70's or early eighties at the Greenbelt show alomg with the 360/40 alum skulls and eagles

Comment

Flatwire SD

Well, one could say that if the Germans were going to do one in flatwire, this would have been it.

Comment

If you want another one, Manion's has one for sale in their repro section. Currently at $20.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X