NSKK or SS Breeches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK or SS Breeches?

Right back when I started collecting, at about the age of 12 (only 8 years ago mind), I bought a full black repro/modified police tunic etc. SS uniform from a stall with a load of other rubbish. Anyway with the uniform were these breeches, always believed them to be original SS. Then I was told they were in fact NSKK, now i'm wondering about their originality in general.
    Opinions please.

The rubber stamp mark is fake added.

Black breeches can be SS NSKK, NSBO, or HJ.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

The difference would be in the white RZM-label inside . These breeches were plentiful here some 20 years ago , and all had NSKK- / DAF- , etc. labels which would then be removed to sell them as SS . They were all good period items , just not " sellable " enough with their original tags . </p> If I remember correctly , the DAF ones came with black cogwheel buttons . </p> That rubber stamp is a fantasy , based on a paper RZM tag ..?!

Comment

Breeches

I'm also sure the stamps are fake too, but lift up the pockets from the INSIDE of the pants. Sometimes there's an RZM tag sewn to the pockets on the inside.

Comment

According to Mike Beaver's book, the most direct identifying feature are the flapped pockets ( for NSKK) and not flapped for SS.
          Personally I don't like the stamps and lining.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X