No announcement yet.

ss sturmbannfurher lightweight tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia is my game and the sleeve eagle is like the ones sold at Ebay in the late 90's. IMHO it is a fake sleeve eagle.

//Felix

Comment

Original police tunic, modified with SS insignia. Looks nice! The question as always with these is when the insignia was added - any sign of the police oval around where the sleeve eagle would be, on the inside or exterior?

I'd also look very closely for signs of the longer officers police-type tabs having been removed. regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
        Original police tunic, modified with SS insignia. Looks nice! The question as always with these is when the insignia was added - any sign of the police oval around where the sleeve eagle would be, on the inside or exterior?

I'd also look very closely for signs of the longer officers police-type tabs having been removed. regards, Robert
        Regarding the sleeve eagle, there is no question. It is not an original sleeve eagle.

Cheers,
        Felix

Comment

Are lower angled slash/flap pockets correct for a Polizei tunic, though? I agree on the eagle...

Comment

The trace of a removed police oval would be evidence of wartime use by police, making it's use as a modified W-SS field tunic less likely. Just trying to determine if it saw service as an SS piece, or just post-war modified. s/f Robert

Comment

Arran, it looked to me like the pockets were horizontal with external non-pleated patches - is it just the angle and the folds of the material?

If this tunic has NO external lower pockets and slanted flaps, then it is not a police tunic, which is a good thing for the owner.

s/f Robert

Comment

thank you arran and robert,i have taken some more pics here of the pockets and you can see they are angled and not straight,does this give anymore clues to the branch of the tunic?, or was this type used by army and ss? many thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I can see traces and shadow of other, army/ police, collar tabs on both the under collar shots. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X