interesting uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting uniform

One you'd probably not be interested in if someone verbally described it. He was a Kompanie Chef with SS-Polizei-Infanterie-Regiment 1, Polizei Division.
    Attached Files

Bizzare

Bizzare, I must admit I would not have believed that one.

Mark, thanks for your invauluable assistance on my TK Officer project. Your ability to tell the Officer's Career Story from the limited documents was enlightening to say the least. And the real magic was breaking down the numerous acronyms into meaningful and useful information.

Comment

Thanks. If you ever need similar SS research or explanations done you know where to find me.

Best,
      Mark

Comment

That's a piped collar, but what? Brown piped in pol. green, or dark green piped in pol. green?

Comment

Very, very cool uniform and rare photo to boot, I bet the collar is dark green with police green piping. Many thanks for sharing.

Richard

Comment

Lets not forget his beautiful color-piped visor also!

Comment

Mark, very nice. I don't suppose by chance you had more pictures with this one from the 4th. I am looking for images of Wolfgang Ollrog, he was IIa for the Division until 42' . I have his service file but they only have headshots of him. I almost fainted when I saw your image, it was close from my memory but he was an admin officer with no combat awards.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great Photo Mark! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thats a new one! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                    Mark, very nice. I don't suppose by chance you had more pictures with this one from the 4th. I am looking for images of Wolfgang Ollrog, he was IIa for the Division until 42' . I have his service file but they only have headshots of him. I almost fainted when I saw your image, it was close from my memory but he was an admin officer with no combat awards.
                    Sorry, nothing on your guy. Everyting I have photo and personal contact letters wise is commanders at all levels, major award holders, and 1.Generalstabsoffizier. Unless in a group I wouldn't have a IIA, and staff group shots for his division are sparse.

Most of my photo material is connected to past books I've done, mainly to the SS/Police German Cross series I've been doing with Bender the last 7 years. 5 volumes done, only 11 or so left to go.

Comment

Mark,

Nice police officer picture. I believe that this is a later war schupo officer tunic, which often lack the brown cuffs. After full integration into the ss, many police officers wore the ss eagle on the sleeve. The cap appears to be a standard schupo officer cap.
                      Attached is a picture of a similar late-war Gendamarie officer tunic from my collection. Notice the cuffs and colar. Also, the tabs and boards are in subdued matt silver.

Doug
                      Attached Files

Comment

Photo I posted was taken in late summer 1940 when he was 7.Kompanie Chef, not really "late." Most divisional officers of the initial group to join or be given SS membership obtained it in August/September 1940, members who were previously just police. It was not common to have dual status in general until 1942. The division was not considered part of the Waffen-SS at that time (1940). Wünnenberg, first commander of Polizei-Schützen-Regiment 3, did not become an SS member until November 1941. So this fellow, a later "LAH" battalion commander, was rather rare at the time of the photo even if common later. Personally, I have no other examples of an active serving divisional officer wearing a similar uniform type. What I find are tunics like the one posted, by that meaning police with police sleeve eagle.
                        Last edited by Mark C. Yerger; 05-08-2009, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks, there is a group picture of the Staff in the Division history and it shows him. I will bug Agte.

Comment

Mark,

Is that a "7" and a pip on his shoulder boards? Thanks,

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                              Mark,

Is that a "7" and a pip on his shoulder boards? Thanks,

Richard

Pip, yes, cypher I can't tell what it might be. Since no divisional unit would have that number at the time it would be from some prior service. SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 7 of the division did not receive that numerical addition to its title till October 1943 so if the cypher is a "7" is is not related to the Polizei Division at the time of the photo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X