Staff officer Waffenfarbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff officer Waffenfarbe

Quick question on waffenfarbe for staff officers. I have a stripped overcoat for the IIA of II SS Panzer Corps, he was originally infantry and with the 4th Pol. Div, then with the 2nd Div and after it formed for the rest fo the War with the II Korps. Would he most likely wear Panzer waffenfarbe or retain his original arm color for infantry? Thanks,

J

Hmm

His preference. Sorry, that's not much of answer.

Comment

I agree with the Herr Doktor ... but would guess at infantry if that's 'where he came from'.

Ian

Comment

Ian

Their is something in what Ian says as we see over and over Officers wearing something from their prior Units to let other's know where they "came from". Of course the later in the War one could make a little assumption that the Waffenfarbe would be less likely to be changed.

Comment

In germany you keep the last color you have, before you go to the staff.
          So it is today and i guess so it was in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Their is something in what Ian says as we see over and over Officers wearing something from their prior Units to let other's know where they "came from". Of course the later in the War one could make a little assumption that the Waffenfarbe would be less likely to be changed.
            Thanks, he was on the staff of the Pol. Div when it was formed so would have had police boards, then infantry. I guess it is up to me. He is wearing the black uniform in his file folder.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X