Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange tunic

Hi to everybody,
    I have this small pic in my collection from a long time...
    have you ever seen a tunic like this? (note the first type of skull and eagle on these Alter Art,...not so usual IMHO)
    Thanks in advance for your precious help!!
    Best

Stefano
    Attached Files

strange tunic #2

Attached Files

Comment

Very much like a russian tunic. Interesting

Comment

Hats

I just want to walk buy and grab everyone of those Hats and stuff'em in a Bag.

Comment

Fasinating photo.

I have never seen anything like it before either?

The only Germans I have ever seen wearing a tunic like this before, in Russian style cut, were members of the German Communist "Rot Front".

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Very interesting picture Stefanob, thank you! Uniform has a similar "look" as the early VT field exercise tunic, although those had an open front and concealed buttons.
            Straight cut pocket flaps and inside pockets , no side pockets. Never seen these uniforms in the way it's visible in this picture, amazing new fact (?)!

Comment

tunic

Its the "Drill" tunic as worn in the 1934-38 period by early SS members of the Politische Bereitschaft then "Deutschland Reg. and maybe Germania . although the collar tab is the runic tab it is not for LAH, early PB units including Sachsen used this tab , here most probably SS1. Its a bit confusing ?

Comment

So it is a pullover? What is the base material Drilich or a light duck etc?

Comment

Jim is absolutely right about this tunic and the insignia. Here is a shot from 1934 in a Deutschland album showing members of SS '1' wearing the tunic with exposed buttons and the runic tab. Other units of the same regiment wore it with the concealed fly front that revi mentions.
                  There are instances of the field caps in the first picture being worn by all ranks at that point in time and did not seem to indicate NCO rank.
                  Derek

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
                    Jim is absolutely right about this tunic and the insignia. Here is a shot from 1934 in a Deutschland album showing members of SS '1' wearing the tunic with exposed buttons and the runic tab. Other units of the same regiment wore it with the concealed fly front that revi mentions.
                    There are instances of the field caps in the first picture being worn by all ranks at that point in time and did not seem to indicate NCO rank.
                    Derek
                    Thanks to Mr. Toncar and Derek (very interesting photo too) for the info...very interesting kind of VT tunic...maybe someone have it in collection to show us?
                    Thank you very much
                    Best

Stefano

Comment

Its funny that if this tunic turned up on the site it be considered a fantasy piece. I guess this just shows that just because its not text book doesn't mean its not real...

Comment

Originally posted by stoneagegixer View Post
                        Its funny that if this tunic turned up on the site it be considered a fantasy piece. I guess this just shows that just because its not text book doesn't mean its not real...
                        I agree with you...

Stefano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X