Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS rank tab litzen, Original?

Friends,
    I have this SS rank tab litzen, it's Original ?
    The black side is in silk/rajon .
    Help and comments are welkomes!
    Lorenz
    Attached Files

Have you used an ultra-violet light to view it Lorenz? This is a style of litzen that some collectors do not like.

Comment

Hallo David,
      yes, at the UV light the litzen is OK.
      Lorenz

Comment

100% good IMO

Comment

Hmmm...it looks visually exactly like the fake stuff that's available, with three even lines of aluminum on either side of the black stripe. Not something I'd want to see on a tab...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
            Hmmm...it looks visually exactly like the fake stuff that's available, with three even lines of aluminum on either side of the black stripe. Not something I'd want to see on a tab...
            Could we see an example of the fake litzen you are referring to and have you ever tested it under UV?

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
              Could we see an example of the fake litzen you are referring to and have you ever tested it under UV?
              I'll have to see if I have a sample or a pic. It does not necessarily glow under UV (I've seen both)

Comment

I've searched for along time for a nice unusued piece of litzen, just to lay over an unissued tab, it seems next to impossible to find, I still looking! Given how much original Heer/Luft tresse is out theer, someone HAS to have a spool of this stuff that is good.

Comment

here is a good one.i have it posted here for view times.
                  regards
                  uscha
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                    Hallo David,
                    yes, at the UV light the litzen is OK.
                    Lorenz
                    Then I think you have a nice piece of original litzen. I have one rank tab with this type of litzen and one with the type that Uscha shows.

Comment

Originally posted by herrgeezer View Post
                      Then I think you have a nice piece of original litzen. I have one rank tab with this type of litzen and one with the type that Uscha shows.
                      now is the question:how much different litzen types give it?give it different litzen types?may be for officers and non officers?

Comment

Lorenzo, the Litze is OK. There are some different types of Litzen out. Some are more common to find some are not common to find, further some are beloved other ones not so much. Photo research will proof thicker Litzen style and thinner Litzen style.

Comment

This type of litzen is not in my list of known originals. Therefore I stay away from rank tabs with this kind of litzen. Types like the one shown by you Lorenzo are common to find on repros or questionable items. These are my experiences.
                          I can not remember I have seen this kind of litzen on any rock solid provenance jacket before or being able to identify in period photos. (yes, that is sometimes possible but in most cases not) I have never seen this style on lose rank tabs with impeccable pedigree.

There were a few common versions (basically the same style) that are found on the majority of rank tabs. There also are a few rare styles that can be seen in period pictures but that really selldom shows up on collar tabs in collections.

It is an interesting subject because rank tabs are harder to judge if original or not than rune tabs. Many collectors use Bad/ok litzen as meeter to judge if a rank tab is good or bad. Some prefers to try to determine if the pips are originals. Normal factors like buckram material, where it was found etc also plays a part.

Pictured below are litzen that IMO are not original and is very similar to the initial type.

//Felix
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another one on a put together jacket...
                            Attached Files

Comment

And another questionable on a fake bevo attempt...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X