SS EM/NCO Sleeve Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS EM/NCO Sleeve Eagle

This is the one and only SS sleeve eagle that I have. It is time to find out if this bird that has been nesting in my collection for many years is good or bad. Can those who know cloth SS eagles please let me know?

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

Reverse side:
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry,bad.

Comment

looks good to me

Comment

It's bad

Comment

Not an eagle I would have put in to my collection.

Comment

ss eagle

John,
              I have one similar to yours. Does yours have a nice wool front with a separate cloth (cotton) back? I know that these have been viewed as fakes, but I wonder why they were made that way. Mine has two different cloths. Seems like alot to go thru to produce a fake. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that point.

Kind Regards, Mike

Comment

Mike...no, mine does not have two separate cloths. The eagle/swastika is machine-embroidered directly onto the single wool back cloth. I, too, would be interested in learning more about this point.

Best,
                John

Comment

I own an identical eagle, which is in two part construction. As one of the members said, it seem like a lot of work to make a fake. Just why is this a fake with all the extra work? Usually the fakers try to make it as simple and cheap as possible. The embroidery is up to period standards. How about a cogent, factual response, as to EXACTLY WHY this eagle is not original.

Comment

ss eagle

Here's my eagle. The front is wool.

Regards, Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

eagle

Here's a shot of the two different cloths. The embroidery work keeps them together. The back appears to be heavy cotton. But definitely two separate materials. Like I said before, alot of trouble for a fake eagle. Someone please enlighten me on why these are viewed as fakes.

Regards, Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

em eagle

Are there any thoughts or comments on this eagle as to why it's a fake?

Best Regards, Mike

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=83489&page=3

and

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=83489&page=4

It is the same type IMHO, trying to look like a common version of the late war SS sleeve eagle.

Comment

Well, I guess that about settles the question. Thanks for posting the links, Felix. I usually research my medals, awards and badges extensively here on the forum before posting, with excellent results. I do not know SS cloth stuff at all but had not done my homework in this case, so your reply was most helpful.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                            X