SS jacket restored...what is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS jacket restored...what is it worth?

I've spent some years to restore this SS jacket a proper way.
    Some might say I'm a fooll asking this price for it, and I can live with it as I know I'm not a crook and I've sweat a a lot to make it look that's way so I'm open to your thoughts about it and i'll certainly reply to what you gonna write about it.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=345407
    Last edited by Fred S; 04-04-2009, 07:07 PM.

//
    Last edited by judas; 04-06-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
      looks like you have done a great job!!! can i see some clear photos of the eagle and tabs front and behind all so the cuff front on flat .

I'll shot it sunday!

Comment

//
        Last edited by judas; 04-06-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I think he is asking a reasonable price, it is an honest well done restoration.

Comment

If its worth that much it will sell for that much but until someone buys it its only worth waht you paid for it....to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred S View Post
              I've spent some years to restore this SS jacket a proper way.
              Some might say I'm a fooll asking this price for it, and I can live with it as I know I'm not a crook and I've sweat a a lot to make it look that's way so I'm open to your thoughts about it and i'll certainly reply to what you gonna write about it.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=345407
              Fred , it's a very nice jacket in my opinion,nicely restored.Probably for the conditions I would pay around 5000€,a little more considering the time you spent to find the proper insigna.Obiouvsly if you compare your example with the M43's in italian wool that are for sale on dealers' site at the moment your jacket worth much more but those prices are out of the market IMO

Comment

Price it at 5000 Euro, then maybe one of these guys will buy it. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzergrenadiere71 View Post
                  Fred , it's a very nice jacket in my opinion,nicely restored.Probably for the conditions I would pay around 5000€,a little more considering the time you spent to find the proper insigna.Obiouvsly if you compare your example with the M43's in italian wool that are for sale on dealers' site at the moment your jacket worth much more but those prices are out of the market IMO
                  I agree with Emilio,

I would pay 4500-5000 Max for such a jacket as it s nice and properly restored but the conditions are not the best.

Comment

Tunic

I like your restored Tunic, great look and good job with the right insignia. Certainly worth more than one of those late war never issued Italian wool maybe had a sleeve eagle maybe didn't hopped up with a Horst Wessel cufftitle and some fresh bevo tabs for too much money pieces of crap.

Makes a great Combat Display.

Comment

I absolutely agree with the good Doctor. Price is subjective, but I think your tunic makes a great display in any case. To me a restored tunic will always be worth the value of the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                        I absolutely agree with the good Doctor. Price is subjective, but I think your tunic makes a great display in any case. To me a restored tunic will always be worth the value of the parts.
                        Thanks for your replies and comments, much appreciated.
                        So my price may be too high but not that high: A pro would maybe find a buyer but more hard for a simple collector, and the "crisis" don't help as well.

I wanted to add new and correct pics today but I couldn't find the time =, will do it in the next days: this jacket deserve better pics.

Comment

I think that 99% of SS jackets are lifts, then you at least do not fool anyone. The price has to be evaluated by adding together the different pieces of the jacket is made. The price of this, the eagle, the collar patches, badges, cuff-title ..... In my opinion, a correct price would be $ 5000-6000.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X