Question about Reinhard Heydrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Reinhard Heydrich

I don't know where else to ask on here so my question is: What happened to Heydrich's children? I believe he had two sons. Are they still alive? Any imput is welcome. Regards, Ron.

R. Heydrich's family life

In the interests of brevity, I include a copy/pasted short bio from Wikipedia on what happened to R. Heydrich's family;

There are some other details on the children's occupation which are missing and somewhat "gossipy" which are not in the bio and quite frankly dont add much..

In December 1930 Heydrich met Lina Mathilde von Osten (14 June 1911 - 14 August 1985). She was the daughter of Jürgen von Osten, a minor German aristocrat. They were married on 26 December 1931 in Großenbrode. The couple had four children: Klaus, born in 1933; Heider, born in 1934; Silke, born in 1939; and Marte, born shortly after her father's death in 1942. In 1943, Klaus was killed in a traffic accident. In 1944, Lina Heydrich had Heider,nine years old then,removed from the Hitler Youth out of fear that he might meet the same fate as his father,and as the prospect of using child soldiers became a reality in Germany. According to historian Jaroslav Čvančara, Heydrich had an additional child with a mistress, a leader of the League of German Girls (BDM).<sup id="cite_ref-19" class="reference"></sup>
    Heydrich's younger brother Heinz Siegfried (29 September 1905 in Halle/S), though initially a fanatical Nazi, gradually became disenchanted with the Party and even became involved in obtaining false identification documents for Jews to save them from persecution. When his activities were uncovered by the Gestapo he was given the choice of committing suicide rather than face trial. He shot himself on November 19, 1944.<sup class="noprint Template-Fact">
    </sup>
    At the end of the war, Heydrich's widow returned to the island of Fehmarn with her surviving children. She owned and ran a hotel and restaurant. The Finnish theatre director and poet Mauno Manninen (1915-1969) was a frequent guest at the hotel. He took pity on the difficulties she experienced as a result of her infamous name and offered to marry her to enable her to change it. They married in 1965 but did not live together. She died in 1985, claiming till the end that she had known nothing about the atrocities that her first husband had committed and ordered.
    As of 2008<sup class="plainlinks noprint asof-tag update" style="display: none;">[update]</sup>, Heider, Marte and Silke are reported<sup class="noprint Template-Fact"> </sup>to still be alive.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X