ss tunic !! photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrific

It is visually awful. I have seen this type of "sewing" before on Field Tunics and yes many things are possible, but why would you want this Jacket? Okay, personal preferences aside if I had strong provenance with it and no other SS Tuncis were available..well okay. The replaced collar is zero problem. Can you find a nice camo smock to hide it under?

Comment

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
              Nick, the SD are also known to have worn a longer version of the tabs...
              The tabs are less rectangular than I thought based on the added images and if the above is correct, I am definitely more comfortable with it now.
              Its a neat tunic and perhaps untouched with the insignia unprofessionally attached by the actual owner at the time. Congrats!
              When I served I did some insignia alterations myself... so it is a possibility... just that a lot can happen in 65+ years...
              What this piece does have going for it, is that the tunic is not a regular combat tunic, a good indicator for SD
              (even though its not an open V-neck style tunic) and all the insignia is for sure period and correct, so that's a good sign!!!
              Too bad the stitching is so sloppy, bacause that will turn some people off...
              I like it better now, based on the added images! Thanks for sharing!
              Last edited by NickG; 03-27-2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X