Who here owns an original TK Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here owns an original TK Ring?

There has been a lot of discussion on the Forum of late on Honor ring super fakes etc. and I just wondered who here owns an original ring or rings?
    I own one ring papered by Don dated 21/6/42 dedicated to Groll.
    Anyone else?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=strautmann

.......and may be another one on the way

Ric

Comment

nice one!

Comment

Mine is also papered by Don 30.6.34 Grok.

Comment

I never liked the look of the later pig nose types and never found an early example in the condition I want, at a price I thought was reasonable. In my opinion, they are not rare and are seriously overpriced.

I have a nice box waiting for the right ring.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
            I never liked the look of the later pig nose types and never found an early example in the condition I want, at a price I thought was reasonable. In my opinion, they are not rare and are seriously overpriced.

Bob Hritz

Great minds think alike, Bob... And apparently, so do ours

I agree on the prices, too... IMHO quite overpriced considering that there are more of these in circulation than most collectors are led to believe.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
              In my opinion, they are not rare

My observation as well, makes you think how many really have sent their ring back....?

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

According to Boyle and Gottlieb they have only seen 200 or so.How many have you seen ?. Being rare is not the only factor in price. Your box is much rarer than the ring but will it bring 7-12 K ? SS daggers are quite common and can be bought all day long on the web are they overpriced ? I think they are but the people who buy them do not think so.

Comment

bob said:

I dont like the pig nose rings either,prefer the 36 versions the most but as far as condition, the combat worn pieces are NEVER in great shape , so conditions is not as important to me as the fact thats its original, and also who the man was, and what his records say of his experiences, and also what awards he earned wearing the ring. I have 1, but to a great , and brave Kdr..
                  Estimated ammount in existance is around 3500. But i think there are less, as many got vaporized, and burned up in combat...does anyone think theres more? Someday i they ever find the hoard himmler buried supposedly, what would 15000 ss rings look like in a pile? What would you think the scrap weight would be ?...maybe 400to 700 lbs?
                  Last edited by juoneen; 03-25-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Rings

Don Boyle will tell you that, with the exception of personal items that were owned by famous Nazi personalities, the TKR is the single most coveted and desirable WWII artifact. He once told me that if you had only one iSS item, the Totenkopfring would be it. Everyone has different tastes, of course, but I wholeheartedly concur with him. It's far more than just a cool looking artifact. To me, it symbolizes the mysticism of the SS more than anything else. The "silver ring" concept was most likely inspired by Nordic mythology, whereas Wotan? had a silver ring with magical powers. Did you know that the reason the Sig-Rune appears twice, is because they believed the power of the Sig-Rune was DOUBLED when it appears twice. As most of you know, Hitler was also deeply influenced by mythology and Wagner's operas, which explains how he could let his beloved Deutschland go down in flames, just like the opera. I don't believe that rings were ever recalled, unless there's documentation to this effect. They were certainly returned for fallen troopers and maybe those who left the SS. It seems doubtful that Himmler would authorize additional rings for the 21.12.44 date if they were going to ask for them back. If someone has documentation to suggest a recall, please post. If a recall WAS ever implemented, it was probably at the very end. As far as I'm concerned the "ring's the thing!!"

Comment

I too agree that these rings are overpriced considering their "supposed" rarity.

I personally would rather spend $10k on a Gestapo or Kripo Dienstausweis which are seriously much, much more rare than these rings.

That said, maybe I am just mentally ill..... $10k for a lump of silver or $10k for a piece of card?????

Comment

Quote: the TKR is the single most coveted and desirable WWII artifact.

...in Don's opinion (and others), sure. To each his own - fair enough.

"Desirablity" is in the eye of the be-holder (and shekel spender). As a devoted "Paperboy", I'm 1000% with Graham on this one.

That said, this thread is getting a little off track in regards to which flavor of ice-cream we each personally prefer.

It would be great to see more REAL SS rings posted...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

So, by whose defination/opinion do you declare rings "original".
                          Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I have one HR Ring.

I personally like the look of the 40s style the best, including the pig nose! As was said...different tastes!

The rest of the opinions about overpriced, rarity or lack of it,over hyped or anything else can be found with and have taken place about knights crosses, honor goblets, FJ smocks, SS peak caps, honor swords and everything else.

Regardless of where we go with it will always come back to the beginning! It's all just "stuff" and everything else we can pick at, embellish or downgrade

Comment

Larry, IMO those rings vetted by Don Boyle I would consider original due to his expertise and long time study of Honor rings. By owning a known original I can in most cases using die flaws and engraving differences tell good from bad. With the high prices on these rings I think one would be hard pressed to sell a ring without Don's COA. Again JMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X