Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen jacket opinions please ?

Hello all.
    I need your opinions and your help to tell me what you think about this restored jacket now for sale on a dealer site , before eventually buying it.
    Thank you for your help .
    This is seller message
    " Waffen SS Model 1943 four pocket service tunic with Florian Geyer cufftitle. This rare tunic features late war low quality wool. The unpleated pockets reflect the design changes that resulted from cost-cutting measures taken in uniform manufacturing. The coat has had extensive repairs as indicated by the stitching in the two breast pockets and re-attached lower left hip pocket. The collar tabs are replaced but authentic. The shoulder straps are authentic but were originally sewn on and have had the tongues added. The woven sleeve eagle appears to be original to the tunic. The rank chevron and bevo Florian Geyer cufftitle have been expertly hand-applied. The interior stampings indicate the coat was manufactured at Ravensbruck by the Betr. Ra. Stamp. The coat shows heavy and honestwear. Rare to find an authentic coat these days regardless of the repairs. "
    Best.
    Jacques.

Original jacket,all replaced insignia.IMO

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Insignia appears original (can't comment on the straps) .... possibly not to the tunic though ?

Ian.

Comment

Hi again .
        Thank you for your answers but the seller tell me this tunic is recently sold .
        I have now to find an other one
        Best.
        Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X