Collar Tab question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar Tab question?

I have one collar tab that I purchased from a dealer about 5 yrs ago and I have another one that I vet acquired many yrs ago. The vet acquired one is longer than the other one. Did different manufacturers make them differently? Here are some pic. Let me have some opinions. Thanks, DEL
    Attached Files

Collar Tab question?

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Collar tab question?

Front of one from Vet.
      Attached Files

Comment

Collar Tab question?

Back of one from vet.
        Attached Files

Comment

collar tab question?

Any idea??

Comment

That tab-from-Vet is very strange. I doubt it is SS. Looks like a "self-made" piece.. maybe for some paramilitary or civil?

Comment

The longer, narrower tabs were intended for the NSKK (to accommodate the pin-on letters and numbers, which required more space). However, this one may have been used by the SD, because it looks like it was sewn to a uniform, yet there is no sign that the metal devices were ever applied.

Comment

The first collar "blank rank tab" seems to be ok.
                The second one I cant tell what its for. Its too long and narrow to be NSKK. Its just a strange tab.

//Felix

Comment

What did the blank RAD collar tabs look like?

Comment

collar tab question

btt

Comment

Its RAD, NSKK tabs are not that rectangular!
                      Those NSKK ones are actually more in line with SS!
                      That kind of cardboard backing appears on other para military collar tabs as well, like Zoll-grenzschutz (customs)
                      Attached Files

Comment

And Stahlhelmbund also had simular shape. Size appr. 40 x 60 mm.

Comment

Tabs

The first tab can be called an SS rank tab. For what it is, it looks good. The second tab has what looks like a cardboard stiffner, not buckrum which is inconsistant with SS collars tab construction.
                          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                            The first tab can be called an SS rank tab. For what it is, it looks good. The second tab has what looks like a cardboard stiffner, not buckrum which is inconsistant with SS collars tab construction.
                            Peter
                            I am not suggesting that second tab is SS; it certainly is not. However, you can't say that SS collar tabs were not made with a cardboard backing. Machine-woven (aka BeVo) tabs, are well known to have been made with cardboard.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                              I am not suggesting that second tab is SS; it certainly is not. However, you can't say that SS collar tabs were not made with a cardboard backing. Machine-woven (aka BeVo) tabs, are well known to have been made with cardboard.
                              Well known to have a cardboard backing to some, not to me. I have bevo tabs and the backing is not cardboard. Maybe you are right, but for this post, 99.5% of standard ss tabs have a buckrum stiffner. Also, least we not forget "metal plate" backings as well. I don't think this post warrants digging that deep IMO.
                              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X