SS skull button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS skull button

Hey guys, can anyone help me on this one?
    I got it for free from a German friend, it came with allot of other medals and insignia (those were all original),
    but he doubted this one, because he thinks the RZM code on the back isn't allright for buttons.
    Btw, he isn't a collector, so i've got no idea why he thinks that the code is wrong.

I looked up that RZM code, M was for metal and M5 for uniform accessories.
    So to me it doesn't look like the RZM code is wrong for a button.

The whole RZM code is: M5/8
    According to a list i found that is: E W. Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid

Picture:

I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Hi Rick

for me ugly fake

but here is any info http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=338720

regards

Comment

Hi,

Yes I agree... sorry
      regards

Comment

That is not an ugly fake.....it's a happy fake

Comment

Also note the BRASS shining through ..

Comment

Thanks guys funny how this fake was between many originals.
            Does anyone know when they started making this specific fake?
            I'm asking because it was once part of an old collection that was donated.

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
            Also note the BRASS shining through ..
            Oke, so brass for these buttons is wrong?
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

I've seen a brass skull button once (!) , it was a ( very ) early model with different ( early ) code, never seen one again unfortunately.
              The one here by the way should be coded M1/...., not M5/.. .
              The rest of the remaining buttons are, as far as my observation and knowledge of metals go, aluminium alloy or nickel steel alloy cover, backside nickel steel alloy, aluminium alloy and zinc alloy.
              Would be interesting to hear from members with more material knowledge than I have about the materials used.
              Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                Thanks guys funny how this fake was between many originals.
                Does anyone know when they started making this specific fake?
                I'm asking because it was once part of an old collection that was donated.
                Hello Rick , I found exactly the same one in an old Dutch collection - untouched for some 20 years , along with other repro's from the seventies . And some good items , fortunately . BTW , it was stolen from my table at the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht , moments after showing it to someone .. Of course it was not the one shown here , but also in brass , that's why I remembered . If early originals DID actually exist , I have ( again ) learned something new ..?

Comment

P.S:

the early coded brass button I referred to did not have the skull shape as the one displayed above, furthermore it had a different code.

Comment

Button

I had the exact button and it was the FIRST item I ever bought ($5). I was pretty green, and I though "it sure LOOKS real!!" I believe it was from the mid-or late 70's.

Comment

Exactly what " my " collector must have thought at the time . Cheap , and goodlooking - AT THE TIME . . Items were mainly cheap purchases ( all repro , of course ) and Dutch resistance veteran gifts ( all original - LOL ) ..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X