Skanderbeg portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skanderbeg portrait

hello to all, do any members have a skanderbeg division member's portrait to share if any? thanks to all kindest regards Ben

Try google immages. Two seconds later I found:

Comment

thanks for that but what i mean is are there any known skanderbeg division portrait photos showing the division insignia in wear? kind regards Ben

Comment

Ben, the shield with the eagle was only worn by German officers. There is only one photo that I've seen - its the divisional commander wearing white summer tunic with the albanian patch on it. As for cuff-title apparently it was worn by some officers who got transfered to Handschar division, after the Albanian division was disbanded.

Comment

thanks for that, yeah i've seen that picture. thanks again kind regards Ben

Comment

You will find great portrait and pics in my article about the division "Skanderbeg" in the french magazine "Bataille" from, I think september 2008. Sorry I'm not at home to make scan for you.

Regards

Christophe

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
              Ben, the shield with the eagle was only worn by German officers. There is only one photo that I've seen - its the divisional commander wearing white summer tunic with the albanian patch on it. As for cuff-title apparently it was worn by some officers who got transfered to Handschar division, after the Albanian division was disbanded.

For Ben: You can find this pic in Angolia book's ("Cloth Insigna of the SS").

I agree with you Askold, but I think that the "Skanderbeg" cuff title was worn by officers who got transfered to "Prinz Eugen" (Rgt 14) that in some official documents (for sure since January 1945) was indicated like "Skanderbeg rgt".

At last I think that the soldier with the "pipe" belong to "Kama" division..

Comment

Christophe is would be great to see the scans when your ready. i have the book cloth insignia of the ss and yes the picture in it is the only one i have seen with the divisions insignia on show. thank you all again. kind regards Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X