SS- TV Officer's "k" Collar Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Milan 12
    Nice score!! I have been looking myself for some nice KZ cloth.Thanks for posting Jay

Comment

Record

I like neither of the small "k"s posted above. In hand the first one might convince me, but I just cannot get over the second one.
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        I like neither of the small "k"s posted above. In hand the first one might convince me, but I just cannot get over the second one.
        I had it in hand at the SOS. I am pretty sure it may have started life as a numbered skull tab and was re-embroidered into a K, but during the period. It talks to you if you know what I mean.
        Peter

Comment

Source

Peter, what is the source, i.e. Dealer for the above two Tabs?

Comment

Peter, what is the source, i.e. Dealer for the above two Tabs?
            The Oakleaf owns or owned the first tab and the second tab was owned by Lorenzo while at the SOS.

Comment

Explain

Peter do you feel like the 2nd Skull Tab may have been pulled off the Buckram and had the K applied to increase the value of the Tab. That "k" is very very sloppy.

Comment

Peter do you feel like the 2nd Skull Tab may have been pulled off the Buckram and had the K applied to increase the value of the Tab. That "k" is very very sloppy.
                Actually No. The reason I say that is the appearance of the bullion matched very well. As I said, it may have been a numbered skull tab that was re-embroidered with a K. Perhaps the owner was transferred. I don't think anyone would deface a numbered tab and make it a K. Also, you know most numbered tabs were period refurbished by repositioning the skull and adding material to the top half of the tab, so I don't think the tab would have been altered in modern times. Also, the last possibility was a sloppy K from the start. These seem to exist as well.
                Peter

Comment

Real Small k

Here is one that needs no excuses. Compare to the above examples. Borrowed pics from a quick Forum Search, always handy!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 03-30-2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Hey Dr. now those are some real lookers.

Comment

Here is one that needs no excuses. Compare to the above examples. Borrowed pics from a quick Forum Search, always handy!

Herr Doktor... It's refreshing to see a unquestionably original "K" tab posted in this thread. I'd be very uncomfortable with the other two in my collection, especially the first one (the Oakleaf tab).

Rob

Comment

Doc, that tab sets the standard! I have seen none better. Here is one that a friend of mine picked up as a kid for 75 cents.
                        Attached Files

Comment

with RZM tag still present...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Skull K

Also a nice real tab Tom.
                            PS: You should crop a little on the pics.
                            Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X