KGB Museum - SS Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KGB Museum - SS Items

I was surfing the "English - Russia" picture website, and ran across this photo essay of the KGB museum. It shows a couple of what today's collectors would deem fantasy pieces. Any opinions on the SS brass knuckles and the white armband?
    http://englishrussia.com/?p=2174#more-2174
    Last edited by herd118; 02-21-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: spelling

nice to see olriginal Hitler tunic,most of the item looks good,abaut the white arm band i have no idea

Comment

I do not see the Hitler Tunic?
      What I do see is the standard propaganda soviet museum. I have seen museums like that on my travels is ex soviet a few times.

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        I do not see the Hitler Tunic?
        What I do see is the standard propaganda soviet museum. I have seen museums like that on my travels is ex soviet a few times.

//Felix
        this one
        Attached Files

Comment

The SS-Standartenfuhrer black tunic is a fake, or at least has bad insignia.

Bob
          Last edited by Bobwirtz; 02-21-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

The white SS armband is a fantasy item. The brass knuckles also look fantasy.

The white tunic looks bogus too -- like it was burned intentionally. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it even Hitler's size? Are those medal loops on the front? Hitler only needed a few.

Looks like a good home for the Dachau flag.

Comment

junk armband, phony AH tunic, stupid crap brass knuckes...

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                The white SS armband is a fantasy item. The brass knuckles also look fantasy.

The white tunic looks bogus too -- like it was burned intentionally. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it even Hitler's size? Are those medal loops on the front? Hitler only needed a few.

Looks like a good home for the Dachau flag.
                White SS Armband. How do you know for sure it is a fantasy item? I already know because everyone says that, but besides that, how do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                  White SS Armband. How do you know for sure it is a fantasy item? I already know because everyone says that, but besides that, how do you know?
                  Because I have years of armband experience and I know these things.

Comment

I've seen this scorched tunic on TV before..
                    At first I thought the burn damage was a silky sheen... (joke removed)
                    Now I recognize it! Good original piece with proper medal loops!
                    Last edited by NickG; 02-21-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

The white Hitler tunic appears to be the same one as pictured in "The Death of Hitler" 1995, Petrova and Watson. That one shows the tailor label of Wilhelm Holters, Berlin, and is named to Adolf Hitler. The accompanying narrative indicates that the tunic was found in scorched condition in the bunker, along with three others.
                      Last edited by herd118; 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Standard smoke damage from being in a closet or rack and the upper part being subjected to heat and smoke. These patterns can also show how it was protected by adjoining pieces of clothing hung up beside it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          I've seen this scorched tunic on TV before..
                          At first I thought the burn damage was a silky sheen... (joke removed)
                          Now I recognize it! Good original piece with proper medal loops!
                          I've seen this Tunic also when they had a War Trophies of The Red Army here in San Diego a few years ago. Camaras were not allowed at all otherwise I would of had a hugh album of them. I did get to rub and fondle the Famouse Fallen Reich Eagle on the stairwell that was always reproted to have been melted down in school books as well as all the Standards you see being thrown into a pile in Red Square.
                          But also I love the way some of you Know it All collectors asways say "That's a Fake cause I've never seen it before". There is stuff out there that no one or a few have seen including one of a kind or prototypes. Perfect example was a Kriesmarine Pith helmet that Early U Boot crews used that was not of German Issue. A collector informed the owner I'm an Expert been doing this for close to 40 years and have seen one one, It's a Fake. Well guess what it was shown in a period photo in some book and the so called collector retracted his Statement.
                          Joe

Comment

You can see in several parts of the recent series, HITLER'S BODYGUARD, him wearing that same tunic, or one like it. The same exhibit that was in San Diego was also in Washington, D.C. in the Reagan Building. It was awesome; however, the funny thing about it was, all of the Soviet medals were restrikes!!!

Bob

Comment

about motivated collecting ???

Originally posted by MaxxBrunn1938 View Post
                              ...when they had a War Trophies of The Red Army here in San Diego a few years ago. Camaras were not allowed at all otherwise I would of had a hugh album of them. ...as well as all the Standards you see being thrown into a pile in Red Square... Joe
                              <CENTER>Joe:
                              Actually just depended on being a motivated collector...

</CENTER>
                              Last edited by oldflagswanted; 02-21-2009, 11:57 PM.
                              sigpic
                              .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X