• Show
Clear All

Norwegian gssn tunic

I would appreciate comments on this tunic please

http://www.relicsofthereich.com/shop/shop.php

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=338686

Derek

Comment

Here you see a safe and textbook Germanske SS Norge tunic.
      Standard Allgemeine SS tunic (inside the pocket label "SS Rock") and with norwegian made early Germanske SS Norge insignias.

Regards
      Derek
      Attached Files

Comment

I used to own the tunic mentioned in the first post. Was sold from Norway to Mr. Shea, I bought it pack a few years ago. It's been pictured and discussed a few times here on WAF, too.

Same type of tunic, different forum:

http://www.samlarforum.nu/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4166

Comment

Nice tunic, DeMil,
          but as it not was allowed to both be in the Hird, and GSSN, the hirdbadge does not fit in.
          And if I see right, a "SM" GSSN lapel pin?
          Those that were "SM" (Støttende medlem / supporting member) were not in uniformed GSSN at the same time, it was a civilian pin for use on civilian clothes.

Bjørn
          Last edited by Björn Jervas; 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM. Reason: forgot a fact

Comment

The first tunic says he was awarded the EKII, but it has the KWK ribbon instead.
            Any real documentation one can see if he got both?

Comment

Originally posted by Björn Jervas View Post
              Nice tunic, DeMil,
              but as it not was allowed to both be in the Hird, and GSSN, the hirdbadge does not fit in.
              Those that were "SM" (Støttende medlem / supporting member) were not in uniformed GSSN at the same time, it was a civilian pin for use on civilian clothes.

Bjørn
              Sorry to correct you Bjørn, but you could be a member of the RH and GSSN at the same time. The two fractions did not like each other, but that is another story...

Regards
              Øyvind

Comment

Hello!
                No need to be sorry for any correction, but that is the way it was in 99.9% of the cases.
                I could have posted the original party order, but then it would be in Norwegian, and only readable for those who speak so.

So I quote from http://www.nuav.net/norwSS.html ,

"5. Members of the SS cannot at the same time belong to the Rikshird or NSUF. An exception to this rule is made in regard to party officials and leaders in the mentioned special organizations."

Therefor, you are right in a certain way: there were Minsters who were honorary members of both. Also some high ranking leaders.

B.

Comment

Originally posted by Björn Jervas View Post
                  Nice tunic, DeMil,

Bjørn
                  Hi Bjørn.

You are quite correct about the S SS M badge. I only put it on the pocket as it looked as a nice place to have it
                  The Hirdbadge I have seen pictures of in use on the black GSSN tunic.

Derek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X