No announcement yet.

Waffen SS dot pattern M44 tunic uniform with Gotz von Berlichingen cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS dot pattern M44 tunic uniform with Gotz von Berlichingen cufftitle

I am considering buying the following tunic, but at this amount would appreciate the experts' views before doing so.

http://oakleafmilitaria.com/0810u5.html

Hello Andre,

I can't comment on the camo as that is not my thing. I can comment on the sewing of the insignia which I find very poorly done. The eagle zig-zagged...fine, but at least straight on the sleeve. The rank stripes...almost always hand sewn as they endured many changes. The cuff title...zig zagged? Holy Mackeral, I never thought I would see the day. I guess once you've zig-zagged you'll never go back. The cuff title bevo label left out to show? Holy Mackeral again, never ever have I seen that done and doubt it was ever done. The sewing is terrible.

The camo may be perfectly fine.

Richard

Comment

Cammo

The cammo is good. No problems there.

It is very difficult to say if the cufftittle was originally sewn. Showing the BeVo label is unusual. A bit too obvious maybe. But then again, why not? As far as I know all cufftitles on M44 dots are sewn on by the wearer (or company tailor) himself, so purely individually with no real standard.

Just my thoughts on the matter, good luck,

Erik

Comment

Pics

The odds of that being real are L O N G. Gimme a period picture of the Guy wearing it and I would pay a fortune.

Comment

In my opinion, it's an "enanchement" made with original pieces. Don't get me wrong on this point, I'm Not saying the seller was the one who did it (he has a collector's dream inventory) but for that price he should provide bullet proof provenance to back-up for this outstanding jacket.

Comment

How often was a cufftitle worn on a camo tunic and does anyone have period pictures of this? I would love to see them.

Jacques

Comment

4 or 5

I have seen probably 4 or 5 fotos of this Jacques. Very rare.

Comment

hello, there's a picture of similar uniform which was captured by U.S.Army at St.DENIS le GAST in August 44 (FRANCE), came from DAS REICH, in book "camouflage uniforms of the Waffen-SS"by d. BEAVER and J.F. BORSARELLO, page 220...
                Cheers
                gwen

Comment

The cufftitle does look like it has been there for quite a while. As raised though about I would expect to see it sewn on differently then the eagle.

Comment

Camo fine, agree with what's been said re the insignia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X