Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last pic for now...Thank you all!

Attached Files

Comment

Fritz, the band material is not correct and that makes it a reproduction.

Im sorry my friend

//Felix

Comment

No Felix! Don't be sorry! It is really no problem. When it's not good, it's not good, so simple is that. But I thought I'd better ask before I pass...

No damage done!

Thanks!!

Comment

Cuff Title

An immediate red flag on this cuff title is the “g” in Danzig. This rendering of the letter was common to many SS reproduction cuff titles with Latin script in the 1970s. Below is an SS-Heimwehr Danzig cuff title in Latin script. Notice the “g”.

Reference: German Military Cuffbands 1784-Present by Gordon Williamson and Thomas McGurl, 1998, Pages 204-205.

Charles Betz
              Attached Files
              Last edited by C. Betz; 01-22-2009, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I agree with Charles; the easiest way to have done this is to post the entire cuff title. The band weave, borders, and RZM tag said enough, to me, but the wrong style of the SS runics and letter 'g' would have told all that is need to know.

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

"g" Enlargement

Here's an enlargement of the letter "g" from my previously posted original SS-Heimwehr Danzig cuff title reference.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by C. Betz; 01-22-2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

More

I agree with Bob and Charles completely, but if it was real SHAMWOW ! That would be worth some Bucks. I have seen really some really nice fakes of this Heimwehr Danzig Band hand emroidered.

Comment

Had this been original, I would have been offering up a king's ransom of goodies to add this to my more common patterns, to complete the set!

Bob Hritz
                      Attached Files
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thank you all, the reason why I have first posted only these section shots is that I wanted to let the material and construction speak...and not the "SS-Heimwehr Danzig". I know that this is a mega scarce title (when good) and that was the reason why I thought it was better to focus on the construction etc. in order to avoid a hasty comment based on its rarity.

Charles, yes, I have also noticed that the "g" was not used on other RZM titles so I came here with little hope already. But with a title like that I thought I'd better ask before I let it slip away.

But now it can go...

Thank you all for your great help!

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X