Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPEA Portrait

Hi,

Since the NPEA was closely related to the SS, I thought I would post this portrait of an NPEA cadet(??).

Comments welcome.

Gary B
    Attached Files
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Thanks for sharing! The kid looks to be about 16 years old. The sleeve eagle appears to be the high quality silk or wire woven type.

Now my lack of knowledge will show: What is NPEA again?

Comment

Originally posted by vbergman1 View Post

Now my lack of knowledge will show: What is NPEA again?

id like to know too

Comment

It was the "finishing" school for future Nazi's . A kind of Nazi high school organization run like a private academy.

Comment

National Political Education Institute or

Nationalpoltische Erziehungsanstalt

Here is what Wikipedia says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...s_of_Education

and from a dagger site. http://germandressdaggers.com/NPEA%20student.htm

Comment

Also known as NAPOLA. This is a U-Tube extract from a Belgian film of the same name.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ7ykPiWS1I

Comment

NPEA Schools

My reference book: "Waffenleite Presenting the NPEA Daggers of the Third Reich" which is available to members of this site at a discount, has a history of the 42 different NPEA Schools, their origins, locations, and related information along with the daggers, manufacturers, markings and types. It also has a 1937 listing of the HJ Bann numbers with their locations and Gebiet numbers as an addendum. Ron Weinand

Comment

Photograph

The photo shown in this thread was widely know years ago and has been reproduced. The uniform is the post 1942 style with the sleeve eagle in place of the HJ Triangle with the NPEA letters and the School name: eg. NPEA Schulpforte, etc. The student attended the campus schools from the age of 10 to 18 and education varied by school and curriculum.
                It is very interesting to note that MANY of the attendees and graduates of these shools that survived the war were in positions of leadership and business, to include governmental offices, in post war Germany and Austria.
                Several former students are now writing about their times in the schools and have published books in Germany that are available in German.
                Some of the various students are well know today: Hardy Kruger, Erich Hartmann, etc.
                Ron Weinand
                Last edited by Ron Weinand; 01-26-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I just got in the same photo as shown in this thread.

Seems that this one is also one of the copies put on the marked years ago.

Cheers

Chris
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is a real one showing my grandfather. I have quite a lot of photos from him in various NPEA uniforms.

Best regards

Ben
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice photo Jolly Roger

Thanks

Comment

Nice photo! Some photos of him in other NPEA uniforms would be fantastic!

Comment

Here is my NPEA uniform from Oranienstein
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X