CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the SS have "numbers" assigned their units? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An amusing thread.

But in all seriousness, I don't think it has anything to do with SS or EK duty, rather it is a maker mark or a serialization such as "spoon 134 of 257".

Comment

Maybe you should put it on the 'spoon forum' or the 'equipment forum'.

Another Bob

Comment

spoon forum

Comment

ask foamspoon on the spoonforum

Comment

Guess his Mummy's made him go and tidy his bedroom now

Still, at least we know the future of spoon collecting's safe in his manicured hands.

Ian.

Comment

Eingetragener Kaufmann (Registered Merchant)
              Einkaufspreis (Purchase Price)
              Eigenkapital

Could be anything.

Comment

I think that is the spoon that you use to spoon out the crap in the kitty litter box, isn't it?

Spoon-Bob!

Comment

I am sure that if listed, by the right dealer, this spoon would be the goodbye note of Heinrich Himmler as he tried to spoon down his poison.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Good heavens, don't give Charlie an ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Legato_lover View Post
                      Well, that's fine. I'm still fairly convinced it has something to do with WWII, though. I'll know next Friday, I guess, when I talk to the museum.

Really, why are you so rude with me, though? When you are all dead and gone people like me are going to be a bit older and collecting stuff. I'm quite new at this and like things just for the sake of their existence, even if (which I doubt it will) turn out to be meaningless.

So... ya, Mr. Hritz. I suppose that is all I have to say about that.

Just had to quote this in case it gets "lost". This way you have something to look back on the day you are much more experienced, and the rest of us is buried 6 feet under.

I think this thread could be a good candidate for "Thread of the year"
                      Last edited by Øyvind; 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                        I think that is the spoon that you use to spoon out the crap in the kitty litter box, isn't it?

Spoon-Bob!

Why so negative on the spoon?
                        Spooning is okay and a interestin area..

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
                          Why so negative on the spoon?
                          Spooning is okay and a interestin area..
                          Take two dollars out of petty cash and buy a sense of humor!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                            I am sure that if listed, by the right dealer, this spoon would be the goodbye note of Heinrich Himmler as he tried to spoon down his poison.

Bob Hritz
                            How dare you Sir! I own that one. It's engraved: 'Giftloeffel des Reichsfuhrers-SS' and with a proper RZM stamp...

Yours for $8000... (unfortunately I won't have a picture 'til it's finished...)

Comment

Legato Lover....

Even if the spoon is an SS spoon, which I am not saying that it is, why would somebody engrave that into it? It is a somewhat heartfelt expression of somebody's thoughts but it is sort of silly to engrave it lightly into the back of an aluminum spoon that would be used on a daily basis to eat soup, ie not even a "presentation" spoon.

Also, the way your flash is capturing the engraving at points it is very bright so era?

Cheers,

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                                Take two dollars out of petty cash and buy a sense of humor!

Bob
                                Dont be rude Bob!
                                I`ve had KM, LW and WH spoons along with SS. Spoons are interesting along with other artifacts, the one showed is not among the originals

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X