What were these for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were these for?

I've seen pictures of SS soldiers sporting metal SS ruins on their collar tabs, but they look crude, some had hole to sew them onto the collar tab, none appeared to have "surface detail." So, any guess about these? They are the same size as collar tab ruins. There are pointed 'tabs' at the top and bottom of each ruin for attachment.

The original ones were used by the Latvians (and Estonians) on their collar tabs and were 'locally made'.

Ian.

Comment

hi, I've never seen a pair of metal runes like these. Can you post the back ? I'd like to see the prongs.
      thanks
      Max

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        The original ones were used by the Latvians (and Estonians) on their collar tabs and were 'locally made'.

Ian.
        agree,here a set of ground find in pomerania used by Latvians
        Attached Files

Comment

Metal runes

Here is a set with metal runes that has been removed from a tunic .there are in fact other styles of metal runes and the one you have posted look good.ive seen them in a few different base metals.
          Attached Files

Comment

Back

Back of the tab.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by john mack View Post
              Here is a set with metal runes that has been removed from a tunic .there are in fact other styles of metal runes and the one you have posted look good.ive seen them in a few different base metals.
              hello john
              are the runes one piece?or have one rune only one fixing on the back?
              regards
              uscha

Comment

Runes

The runes are connected by a cross peice all one item. Not two runes.

Comment

o.k thanks.very nice tab

Comment

tab

thanks uscha , i like the metal runes the most , i wonder why the germans did not use metal , to me they are the most desirable tabs .

Comment

Here is what the reverse of my ruins look like.

Mike

Comment

rune

YES THIS LOOK GOOD IMO, IVE SEEN THIS STYLE OF ATTACHMENT ON OTHER WAR PERIOD RUNES BEFORE ,

Comment

amazing pieces guys!!!! really interesting to see the different styles made.

Comment

Hi !

Also have 2 variantes of relic ss ruins.

On weekend I will make detailed fotos if you are interested. Here an older pic of them.

Best regards Bernhard
                            Attached Files

Comment

what is the ss ring in the middle of this ? i n post number 14 from pzb14

with the SS on black background

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X