No announcement yet.

LAH Bullion Cuff Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Guys, this was not making sense to me at all.
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

even blue backing was used

Comment

The cufftitle of post 11 is a nice original , there's no problem with black reinforcing cloth .

Comment

We have gone through what an original LAH cuff title looks like in that link posted. I am not talking about the black backing on the reverse of the text. Not at all.
          I am talking about the texture of the black band itself. Look at the obverse of the black band where it meets the silver strand borders. There is a slip making it look like some kind of saw tooth. That trait is what some fake RZM cuff titles have. It is hard to see in the start but after a while it becomes really obvious.

Cheers,
          Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

There is a slip making it look like some kind of saw tooth. That trait is what some fake RZM cuff titles have. It is hard to see in the start but after a while it becomes really obvious.

Cheers,
            Felix

Felix,

Would you care to post some pics "side-by-side" of both good and bad as you see it? Something that would clearly help identify this "saw-tooth" you speak of. Have these I for one would appreciate your help . . .

Thanks,

Brad

Comment

Hello Brad!

I have have tried as good as I could with my poor computer skills to make a comparison picture. To the left is a sure reproduction Deutschland cuff in this style and in the middle another reproduction Germania cuff. Far right is the LAH cuff in question. They all show this trait (encircled in red). Compare the lower section as well.
              Hence the initial LAH cuff in this thread is a reproduction IMO.

//Felix
              Attached Files

Comment

Felix,

Thanks for the lesson - you have done a great job with your illustration! It almost appears as if the border threads are "pulling" or "stretching" the weave of the cuff out of the same linear direction as the cuff itself . . . I can see to what you refer much better, for certain.

Great job - thanks!

Brad

Comment

I still don't see what you are talking about.

Comment

just thought to bring this thread up that people can see how some opinions can change.

Comment

I can see the difference, almost like a repeating wave or sawtooth pattern that is near the inner edge, whereas the accepted original is much "neater" or perfect at that area.

Comment

When you mean so John, for me I look for something else and not the band base. Further some call this band base as copy then here they state it as original. Probably pending on the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                          just thought to bring this thread up that people can see how some opinions can change.

Robert...not so long ago there was an easy solution for people with different opinions...

Pieter
                          SUUM CUIQUE ...
                          sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X