LAH Bullion Cuff Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Bullion Cuff Title

This one looks spot on to me, but cuff titles are not my specialty. I would appreciate some expert opinions.

Thanks,
    Brad
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

For what it's worth Brad I agree with you. The band itself's fine and the bullion's really nice and tight on the text, you couldn't fit another stitch on any of the letters.

Ian.

Comment

Brad

Looks fine. I really like the back.

Comment

Looks OK to me. For what it´s worth.

Comment

That's the same one which is discussed here :

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=326856

Comment

No it is not. They are very much alike, but it is not the same.

Comment

Yes

Hardigan, well I hope your wrong. I would like a better shot of the entire back if possible. It does have similarites to the other.

Comment

-

-
                  Attached Files

Comment

The cuff title that started this thread is a reproduction IMO.
                    Black base cloth is one big red flag.

Comment

Gentlemen, unfortunately I know very little about cufftitles and I won't begin to comment on the titles that started this thread. Because of this, when I wanted one for my collection, it had to have what I considered rock solid providence on originality. I've owned this one for 15 years and can directly trace it back over 40 years prior. While that's slightly short of the original owner, I've never had issues with it, and have posted it here several times without problem.
                      Over time, I've watched numerous threads on SS cufftitles and the only constant I've seen is that there doesn't appear to be any hard set rules for their construction or determination of authenticity. On those grounds I can see why items that are okay one week become next weeks fakes. My issue is that a blanket statement that cufftitles with black backgrounds are fakes appears to be a pretty encompassing statement and I'm wondering whether that's the flavor of the week or the prevailaing view of the collecting hobby. I hasn't been a problem for 56 years, so what information has been uncovered to make it fact now. If I have a bad item, fine, but I'd like some reasoning I can understand to go with it. Thanks!
                      Attached Files
                      Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Ct

Originally posted by Larry Lipps View Post
                        Gentlemen, unfortunately I know very little about cufftitles and I won't begin to comment on the titles that started this thread. Because of this, when I wanted one for my collection, it had to have what I considered rock solid providence on originality. I've owned this one for 15 years and can directly trace it back over 40 years prior. While that's slightly short of the original owner, I've never had issues with it, and have posted it here several times without problem.
                        Over time, I've watched numerous threads on SS cufftitles and the only constant I've seen is that there doesn't appear to be any hard set rules for their construction or determination of authenticity. On those grounds I can see why items that are okay one week become next weeks fakes. My issue is that a blanket statement that cufftitles with black backgrounds are fakes appears to be a pretty encompassing statement and I'm wondering whether that's the flavor of the week or the prevailaing view of the collecting hobby. I hasn't been a problem for 56 years, so what information has been uncovered to make it fact now. If I have a bad item, fine, but I'd like some reasoning I can understand to go with it. Thanks!
                        IMO, the CT that started this thread is fine and so is yours. There is nothing that I am aware of to prove otherwise, just a bunch of opinions, and gut feelings. If that bothers you, which it should not, you should off load your title. I would be interested in it, so keep me in mind. Thank you, Peter

Comment

What's wrong with black backing cloth?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Black reverse reinforcing cloth is just fine. This was added to keep the band from distorting when the bullion is sewn through the material.

It can also be seen on some early RZM machine embroidered cuff titles.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Larry

Larry yours is a no brainer. I think Felix is talking about the Band not the reinforcing cloth.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X