Bullion Sleeve Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullion Sleeve Eagle

Looks like a good one to me. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

To me, it looks typical of the earliest Indian fakes, which often used real silver bullion...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        To me, it looks typical of the earliest Indian fakes, which often used real silver bullion...
        I agree. This type of fake was certainly around by the early 1980s and maybe before. The India or Paki connection was the reported origin and they were done in silver or more likely silver plated wire.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
          I agree. This type of fake was certainly around by the early 1980s and maybe before. The India or Paki connection was the reported origin and they were done in silver or more likely silver plated wire.
          Thanks guys. Man this eagle looked really good too. I appreciate it.

Comment

I have never seen an eagle like this. I must have missed something, as it looks very interesting and I would not dismill this yet. It is very similar to Italian made insignia.

There were strange sleeve eagles made, during the poeriod, and I will leave an open mind until I have further proof this is a post-war eagle.

I recall the early fakes and they were comical.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
              I have never seen an eagle like this. I must have missed something, as it looks very interesting and I would not dismill this yet. It is very similar to Italian made insignia.

There were strange sleeve eagles made, during the poeriod, and I will leave an open mind until I have further proof this is a post-war eagle.

I recall the early fakes and they were comical.

Bob Hritz

Hi Bob, Very Interesting. Can you please have a look at my M36 tunic in this section. I appreciate it, Matt

Comment

I did not see anything that causes me concern, on your tunic. Certainly, the tricot collar is different, but tailors did many things that are unusual. The boards appear to have been originally applied and the collar tabs are original. If the only problem is the concern over the sleeve eagle, I would leave the tunic as it is until there was something more definate.

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I did not see anything that causes me concern, on your tunic. Certainly, the tricot collar is different, but tailors did many things that are unusual. The boards appear to have been originally applied and the collar tabs are original. If the only problem is the concern over the sleeve eagle, I would leave the tunic as it is until there was something more definate.

Bob Hritz
                  Thank You Bob, I appreciate your opinion very much

Matt

Comment

I would not dismiss this yet. It is very similar to Italian made insignia. There were strange sleeve eagles made during the period.................

I agree.

I have a diplomatic eagle in the same silver bullion (on grey tricot) which I've had for donkey's years and am totally happy with.

This photo shows one of the odd types of original eagle that can be encountered................
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another oddball eagle....................
                      Attached Files

Comment

It is very similar to Italian made insignia.

Bob Hritz
                        Good point, and I hadn't thought of that. Is there a cardboard template beneath the embroidery?

Comment

I will back off a bit as well. The Indian fakes that I have seen used at least 2 different of bullion wire (more like the standard originals) and this one uses only one type. I also recall that the inner curve to the top of the wings was more rounded on the fakes and this one is at an angle.

This one has a lot of characteristics...maybe 10 or so that are very different from the standard accepted originals of this pattern, but as always it could be difficult to prove that it is a foreign and/or non-standard period eagle.

Comment

Thanks Robin, You posted some very interesting and odd eagles for sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X