SS crusher cap for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSgentleman View Post
    the skull is definitely good. looks like an early deschler in tombak material?
    How can you be so sure that it is original; have you seen this one in person? I can't be nearly as certain as you based on these photos. The eagle looks like an original Hicke and the skull could be as you described, but it could also just as easily be a brass cast copy in my opinion.

Comment

double post.

Comment

the only way to double confirm is to email the seller to remove the skull and sell it to me cheap since the crusher body might be bad if lucky it might be a RZM52

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
        How can you be so sure that it is original; have you seen this one in person? I can't be nearly as certain as you based on these photos. The eagle looks like an original Hicke and the skull could be as you described, but it could also just as easily be a brass cast copy in my opinion.

Comment

I had a look at some high res photos of this cap a while back. Although it looks quite convincing, I don't think it's the real deal. These caps are extremely rare and I've only seen one or two that I thought were authentic.
          This is one of them. Compare the trikot with the first cap, there's quite a difference.
          Attached Files

Comment

I wondered when you might step in Ben

Comment

Might be a good time to mention something about the seller mate?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                I had a look at some high res photos of this cap a while back. Although it looks quite convincing, I don't think it's the real deal. These caps are extremely rare and I've only seen one or two that I thought were authentic.
                This is one of them. Compare the trikot with the first cap, there's quite a difference.
                I may be mistaken right off the bat, but it looks to me that the first cap is an EM/NCO type with the wool cap band. The cap that you posted is certainly an officers type....I'm not say that either is good or bad as I do not have much experience with these real early ones and for that matter I do not belive that there is a living collecotor who has examined 50 or more real ones.

My point is that there will be differences in the fabric between private purchase examples of these types fo caps.

Comment

soldiers museum.com

hello the cap has bin for sale on soldiersmuseum.com .

there are items that belong to collectors or dealers that are offer through the musuem.

there are pics from the soldier wearing this cap on the museum site.

now the cap is on dj germanmilitaryant.

tonnie

Comment

Hello - I own Soldiersmuseum.com and it has always been strictly a virtual museum - with one exception. I did post some images there a long time back of some items on consignment from a collector in Frankfurt am Oder, but I never had the stuff in hand, although it did look great and much of it had provenance. On the crusher, however, I believe the owner said the photo did not originally come with the hat (as I recall - but this was about a year back).

I hope this does not cause unnecessary confusion - I was surprised to see my website mentioned, and felt compelled to respond. If the images and prices are still on my site somewhere, they need to come off.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                      My point is that there will be differences in the fabric between private purchase examples of these types fo caps.
                      That's certainly true, however, the point I was trying to make is that the trikot on the first cap doesn't really look like pre 45 material to me. The weave is odd and it has a slight sheen to it.

Comment

Hi all,
                        I'm the owner of the "D&J GERMAN MILITARY ANTIQUES" and the "material" shop which is located in Warsaw Poland.
                        And i'm the one and ONLY one owner of the cap from this thread.
                        This IS NOT AN ADVERTISMENT this is only an anwser for few strange post in this thread.
                        I collaborate with many dealers from whole world so it is possible that this cap was shown in many places.
                        I can post on private m. list of WAF members that bought items from me.
                        It is true that all pics of the cap that was made by me don't show it's true condition. In real you can see that this is used cap - carried.
                        Reg. Jarek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X