Comment

E . . .
            Attached Files

Comment

F . . .
              Attached Files

Comment

Brad,

I have one like it, with only 6 strands. I have kept it, 'in case' we ever find out for sure. Yours actually looks nicer than mine!

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I have never believed in these myself.

Bob

Comment

They could well be old Ken Lane copies from Vienna. He was making cuff titles with original machines as early as the late 1950s. His were 6 strand bands, but there are authentic 6 strand titles. I have an original Reinhard heydrich that came back with a standard 7 strand Reynard Heydrich title. Both are identical other then one has 6 and one has 7 strands.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments . . . I am really curious to see the current consensus regarding these "six-strand" cuffs (yes, this is one) - please keep the comments coming . . .

Does anyone else have some "six-strand" cuffs they like as well?

Thanks,

Brad

Comment

In the same title or different? My DF 's are 7s, but i have an adolph hitler 6 strand Iam assuming you are asking specifically on just the DF./ right?Maybe someone should do a six strand title thread.[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74
                        Last edited by juoneen; 01-04-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Not one I would want, I'm not sure what to think about the 6 strand bands but that is a definite liability. The weave of the band material is slightly off and the vertical spacing from edge of band to letters is inconsistent, look at the "D" in particular.

Comment

IMO not good.

Comment

Jouneen - Thanks for posting your example. No, I am not being specific about DF cuffs - I am more interested in resolving (or attempting to resolve . . .) the somewhat unspoken stigma associated with six-strand cuffs. If we can get more examples posted, and open a discussion here about why-or-why-not these are accepted, maybe it would be good for all who still have question about these things . . . I really haven't found much previous (and definitive) discussion on WAF about 6-strand cufftitles. It would be nice to see many more posted - keep them coming if you have them!

25thlight - Yes, the vertical spacing is off slightly on this particular example. I am not sure what to think about this . . . I have seen legitimately accepted 7-strand examples with the same irregularity - some not as prominent, and others equally prominent. As a matter of fact, I think I have come to recognize this frequently with some "Prinz Eugen" cufftitles (both accepted, and not accepted), amongst a few other RZM patterns . . .

So if the general consensus about these 6-strand cuffs is that they are not to be accepted as pre-1945 manufacture, why is that? I realize that so many will quickly say "not for me" and "not good", but why do you feel that way - is it simply because you have been told this is the way, or is there some valid evidence that further presses your convictions?

Maybe this would be a good and interesting conversation - who has the definitive answer regarding six-strand cufftitles? Please keep your comments coming . . . And maybe some pics of the really good repros would be nice as well - it would certainly help in making comparison . . . (Bob - yes, the Ken Lane versions would be great to see as well . . . that is, if you have any, of course!)

Brad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X