• Show
Clear All

a close up!
    Attached Files

Comment

another closeup!
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm no cufftitle expert so I'll leave the final judgement to those who are, but I'd say all fake.

MvG,

Comment

craps

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            The SS Feldgendarme, SS-Polizei and Westland (BeVo ones) are all bad...
            and "SS Kavallerie Division" is a fantasy cuff title if I'm not mistaken...
            the correct cuff title for SS cavalry is: "Florian Geyer"
            all titles a poor repros,but i disagree that "SS Kav Div" is a fantasy item,some are period made by privat order and you can read abaut in Angolia book.

Comment

Fake Cuff Titles

Use the search engine at the top of this forum and key in cuff titles (BeVo, RZM etc). Also use the pinned fakes thread at the top. Study all the threads. And finally, buy some books. Try the following:

German Military Cuffbands 1784-Present by Gordon Williamson & Thomas McGuirl

SS And Political Cuffbands; Vols. I & II by Ulric of England

Detecting The Fakes by Robin Lumsden

SS Cloth Insignia by John Angolia

The above listed references should help you get started in this hobby.

Good luck,

Charles Betz
              Last edited by C. Betz; 01-04-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Looks familiar........................

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...3Doff%26sa%3DG

Comment

Variant?

Well the Seller attempts a little honesty whe he states, "Czech made variant". I have no doubt this was produced somewhere in the East.

All Fake.

Comment

They are all bad, but the worst are SS-Kav.Div and Westland. All those cufftitles are made in Pakistan, the first series of BEVOS were close to the original, now they have changed the
                    weaving pattern (look WESTLAND).
                    Heinz

Comment

thanks everyone, i will get the reference books as recommended & will do another search using the recommendation..... real bummer though

Comment

Anyone who collects SS that says they never has had a bad piece, either is lying about it or hasn't found out yet.

But through these trials and tribulations, it makes it all the more sweeter the joy when an unquestionable original piece finds its way to you.
                        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                          all titles a poor repros,but i disagree that "SS Kav Div" is a fantasy item,some are period made by privat order and you can read abaut in Angolia book.
                          Did not know that...OK so SS Kavallerie is an unofficial (private order) design...
                          Kind of like the "Estland" (Estonia) cuff title, which also officially did not exist, but photographic evidence proves that these were made, again special order and not authorized, not in the regulations....

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                            Did not know that...OK so SS Kavallerie is an unofficial (private order) design...
                            Kind of like the "Estland" (Estonia) cuff title, which also officially did not exist, but photographic evidence proves that these were made, again special order and not authorized, not in the regulations....
                            Yes, but this one is FAKE, if I convert it with other fakes here displayed, it is same construction IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X