Named SS M-42 Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Named SS M-42 Helmet

This comes out of a collection from the 1970's. I purchased most of the collection. This helmet has SS Pz. Schtz penciled on to the rear skirt. On the leather it also has two lines written but I cannot make them out. All I can read is SS. Can anyone tell anything by the batch number? And what kind of decal is it? It has a pin skin chin strap. Any and all comments are welcome.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by George Cone; 01-03-2009, 11:42 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a very nice original ET maker M42 SS helmet. The batch number 2211 would have the helmet fall within the range of a decaled ET M42. The ET pattern decal is correct for this shell maker. Congrats on a great helmet

Comment

May I ask, what year do you recon it was produced? And is a pig skin chin strap normal? I do not recall ever seeing one.

Comment

A pig skin strap is fine. The liner appears original to the helmet so check the liner band with a flashlight for a stamped date, that's your best bet in figuring a possible production date. The stamping is located on the outer right side of the band just behind the D ring.

Comment

Nice Helmet! Alles in ordnung! Best, norge

Comment

It would be hard to upgrade that helmet. Really nice.

Comment

Very nice helmet indeed. All looks textbook, the pigskin chinstrap which is typical late war could have been applied at any point in time; period or post-war. I also read batch 2211.

Wonderful example!

Cheers,

Asper

Comment

Please tell me what the batch number 2211 means?

Comment

I concur! A very nice ET decaled helm!! As already stated, don't get too wrapped up in dating the helm by the Kinnriemen as that could have been added at anytime.

Sepp

Comment

Originally posted by George Cone View Post
                              Please tell me what the batch number 2211 means?
                              It's the production number: each maker had a batch number for every helmet produced, so you can have, for example, 2000 size 66 M42 shells produced by ET and each one will have the same batch number.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X