griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two caps made from origional greatcoat materiel, one Schiffchen and a 43 Einheits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two caps made from origional greatcoat materiel, one Schiffchen and a 43 Einheits

Firstly the Shiffchen, the wooll and the lining are from a greatcoat, the moth damage and wear is all how it was when i got it, the eagle conforms to the shape of the cap perfectly and has been applied after the cap has been assembled. I have been wearing this cap for about 5 years now, time to wash it!

Now the 43, bought at the same time and worn about the same by me, note the insignia has been aplied before the final assembly of the cap, again origional wool and lining, just from a greatcoat.

Not quite sure how to interpret this thread. Are we suppose to be impressed by 2 caps that will not doubt end up in some poor sod's collection as being original one day?

Comment

Don't get any warm fuzzies about either piece.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        Not quite sure how to interpret this thread. Are we suppose to be impressed by 2 caps that will not doubt end up in some poor sod's collection as being original one day?
        I don't get it either

Comment

No warm fuzzy anything required!

Just to show whats about and how easy it is to do, these were both made to decieve.

I bought them to wear because at the time no one was doing anything like this at the time! I wear them all the time so no-one is going to get duped by these two, however I thought they would make a good reference for you all.

To be brutal, I think 99per cent of what is sold these days is fake, I just dont believe any of it, for every Barkman who walked home and kept his uniform, there were the majority who even if they kept their ragged uniforms they had no insignia at all none, nothing.
          Last edited by kradspazz; 01-02-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kradspazz View Post
            To be brutal, I think 99per cent of what is sold these days is fake
            How is that blinding flash of the obvious being brutal? It might come as a disappointment to the average eBay buyer, but you are preaching to the choir in this forum, brother.

As for the negative response you have received, it comes from us watching would-be collectors get burned time and time again by buying fakes that were used by reenactors, believing them to be originals, because they have that "been there" battlefield-worn look. Using original materials in the manufacture of reenactor uniforms is a red flag to most of us that the maker is hoping to decieve a future buyer, rather than a desire for "authenticity" in reenacting.

Comment

Maybe all ss - collectors should destroy by fire all cloths and caps (SS visors of course too ) which they have....because "99per cent is fake"..... Why own only fake ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X