Here's another wild period SS uniform image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matthew S. View Post
    I guess you've never seen Terminator, right?
    I see yes Terminator movie, "Cyberdyne Systems" does ring a bell now... but I'm still lost with the connection... Are there metal skulls shown in that movie?? SOmething to do with clones? The Tartu pattern skulls are ligit!! Anyway thanks for participating in the thread, even though your comments appears to be off topic... Lets just move on and discuss WW2! That's why I hang out here!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
      Why is it so awful? How do you know he's not a midget? Exactly what do you have against the vertically challenged? You obviously have "achondroplasiaphobia", and that's really sad.
      Are you for real :-)

Im referring to the used of and posed gesture of the kid standing in attention, and most of the officers look awfull in the uniforms.

I find the photo interesting because its rare in its nature, being a photo of the Italian SS division, with a clear shot of CP, the color of the etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew S. View Post
        Nope. Its the rarely seen Cyberdyne Systems T-101 version, manufactured in limited numbers at Skynet: cloth production department.
        Your right, that is what it looks like! Does anyone have an example of a "Tartu" pattern skull that they could post? I've never seen one. Regards, Ron.

Comment

I see yes Terminator movie, "Cyberdyne Systems" does ring a bell now... but I'm still lost with the connection... Are there metal skulls shown in that movie?? SOmething to do with clones? The Tartu pattern skulls are ligit!! Anyway thanks for participating in the thread, even though your comments appears to be off topic... Lets just move on and discuss WW2! That's why I hang out here!
          Just a little humor to make life more liveable...

Comment

Italian SS

What battles did Italian SS units participate in? Were the Italian SS any good as fighters, vis-a-vis the German SS units. Not trying to denigrate any nationalities, just asking a question.
            Thanx,
            Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
              What battles did Italian SS units participate in? Were the Italian SS any good as fighters, vis-a-vis the German SS units. Not trying to denigrate any nationalities, just asking a question.
              Thanx,
              Tim
              Here is the short version. I will give it to you quick since this is a thread about "wild SS "pictures

They fought on the Anzio -Nettuno front against the Allies . They never fought as a cohesive unit(Divisional), being dispersed through out Italy for anti- partisan duties. They were also used mostly in Battle Groups or Kampfgruppes against the Allies and partisans.
              Here is a quick list
              "Kampfgruppe Heldman" ( 1944 Partisan Actions)
              "Kampfgruppe Diebitsch" (Netuno/Anzio front)
              "Kampfgruppe Binz" (1945 Last ditch)
              "KampfgruppeGardini/Thaler "( 1945 Last ditch)

Hard to tell the whole story here being the Division was never kept together. I will scout a website with more info and post it later.
              Last edited by Dennis S; 01-04-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
                Does anyone have an example of a "Tartu" pattern skull that they could post? I've never seen one.
                Ground-dugs from Estonia (from a fellow forum member Kass' collection)

Comment

Great! Thanks for posting the Pics. I am sure they are quite rare.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X