X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Oberführer Collar Tab - Opinion needed

HI guys,

Picked these up last week.

Most of my collecting is Luftwaffe, and I can easily spot fake items in that field.

Nothing on the material says "fake" to me, as with the quality and workmanship. The quality and condition is typical of most original Luftwaffe items I own...however...I do not know SS, or what is looked for.

I grabbed them from an auction, so I can return them if fake. Everything else in the auction was 100% original. Thinking (hoping) these are too.

Lighting was BAD tonight, so I can take better pics tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Sorry, IMHO these are fakes. Here is a good single to compare them with.

Bob

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 12-20-2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Bob,

Can you do me a favour and let me know the differences? Looking at mine in person compared to the photo you attached, they look identical...

Mike

Comment

collar tabs

I think Bob is right , I do not like them ..........

Comment

Originally posted by harrison987 View Post
          Hi Bob,

Can you do me a favour and let me know the differences? Looking at mine in person compared to the photo you attached, they look identical...

Mike
          Identical almost like day and night

Comment

Hi bnz...

Question...

What exactly am I supposed to be looking for with these things? Location of Acrons? Leaves? Reason why i ask is with a lot of the Luftwaffe stuff, there were differnt manufactures, so there were slight variation of styles, materials, etc. With the SS stuff, was everything 100% identical?

In person, the colouring, piping, and material is identical to the the original one potsed (photos are not a true representation due to bad lighting)...there is only a variation on the leaves...is this what gives it away?

Also, if these are fake, can you tell me where these were made? What repro company might have produced them?

Thanks!

Mike
            Last edited by harrison987; 12-21-2008, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harrison987 View Post
              GOTCHA!

Question though...

Did manufacture styles and workmanship differ?

Mike
              The pattern was the same for all manufacturers. Plus Hi-Quality of course.

Comment

Oberfuhrer Tabs

Here is a thread posted some time ago concerning SS generals collar tabs: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...LS+COLLAR+TABS . The 1942 pattern oberfuhrer tabs are also displayed there.

The tab posted for comparison by Bobwirtz is a text book example.

Use the search function at the top of this forum and key in SS Generals' Collar Tabs.

Charles Betz

Comment

Tabs

I'm FAR from an SS General's collar tab expert, but yes, there are sometimes small variations, as they were hand-made. However, the manner of construction, and the shape of the leaves was similar from tab to tab. Notice the tips of your leaves, which are ragged and poorly formed, compared with the original. Notice your bottom leaf, which has a single curve, while the original is a flowing "S" curve. Construction of the stem and adjoining area are not normal when comparing the two. Remember, these collar tab guys have been at it a long time.

Comment

Excellent job BNZ... you can clearly see the differences... focus on one area of the oakleaves and then compare it with the alternative when it changes. I think it is a great use of computer technology for comparison purposes!

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X