X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopfring

Collectors,
    This Totenkopfring could be original?
    The name inside the ring is delete, but it's possible to notice still something, also a light sign of conjunction under the skull.
    All opinions are welkomes!
    thank you!
    Lorenz
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ring

Hello it is my opinion that this ring is a repo. for one thing the skull should be one whole seperate peice.Then the seam under it.Best regards.

Comment

Ring

I'm positive this is a reproduction. The large casting flaw on the inside, and the casting seam on the inside would not appear on an original. Since there are some die flaws present that you see on originals, it's possible it was cast from a mold made from an original ring. That's probably why the inside inscription (what you can see of it), looks fairly close to the original style. It was too fine for the mold to reproduce. The easiest way to tell is to measure the width of the band at the Hagal rune. On an original ring with slight wear, the width of the band in this area is just shy of 7 mm (approx 6.9mm) or just shy of 9/32". If it was made from a mold of an original, the band would be noticably narrower. Let us know what you find out. Either way, though, the ring's not good.

Comment

A cast copy IMO.
                      Seiler

Comment

Yes, i think it is a cast too.

Comment

I would not want this one.IMO.

Comment

Hello,
                            I can now examine very close the TK ring and I measured the width of the band that is approx 6.9mm or 9/32".
                            In a close examination the skull is clearly applied on the metal band, over the conjunktion of the band, the letter inside the ring were delete with a light brasive papier,
                            For this reason is also less visible the conjunktion of the band.
                            Unfortunately I dont have a good camera to show the very little details of the skull application...
                            lorenz

Comment

Ring

If your ring is that wide, it's extremely unlikely that it was produced from a mold made from an original ring. If so, the band would be narrower. I've enclosed some photos of my ring at the same angles for comparison. This ring was acquired from Don Boyle a long time ago. The photos are in the same order as yours.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X