My SS Badge collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SS Badge collection

Hey Guys here's what I have on display for my SS items. Now I kind of figure the SS tab is fake but it does pass under blacklight but I got it with some other items some 15yrs ago. Otherwise everything I belive is original. One the white and black braide tab there use to be something but I've know ideal and the 4/25 is a matching set. Let me know what y'all think.
    Thanks Joe
    Attached Files

Backsides
    Attached Files

Comment

backside SD
      Attached Files

Comment

uhuhu, there are many more fakes, like cuffband, cap eagle, mentioned rune tab, SD badge and even more ... blacklight does not mean much to find out copys.
        Last edited by Robert H; 12-10-2008, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I agree unfortunately the majority looks scary... in addition to what was reported already you can add the bad rank pip
          (or is it shown upside down?), the SS tab is bad and polizei raute lacks quality...not much good left... if anything at all...
          Sorry! but better crisper pictures might help...most out of focus which could make things look worse I guess...
          At least the enlisted medical raute is good! The NSKK raute (not SS insignia) is good, the enlisted sleeve eagle bottom right corner looks OK
          also, so not all is lost!
          Last edited by NickG; 12-10-2008, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Well as I figured the SS tab was a fake the rank pip is a Army one sewin onto a black patch which my grandmothers brother took off of a uniform in France along with the enlisted medics diamond from the same uniform as well as the cufftitle which he got in Berlin The cufftitle I had examined back in the 90s was told it was real and apprasied at around $800. back then. The matching 4/25 he also picked up somewhere in Germany I don't remember where.
            The officer SS medical I just got a few months ago and is the newest SS item I've picked up in around 17 years. I've been out of the collecting sector for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxBrunn1938 View Post
              Well as I figured the SS tab was a fake the rank pip is a Army one sewin onto a black patch which my grandmothers brother took off of a uniform in France along with the enlisted medics diamond from the same uniform
              OK makes sense now the pip has a green Heer backing and was stitched on to a black circlular patch to make it appear SS (or panzer)... Its been monkeyed with so no value I'm afriad. SS can be a minefield and you've stepped on some I'm afraid... I do like your NSKK uniform eventhough it was restored with non matching rank insignia...

Comment

Please post clear shots of the 3 eagles at the bottom, not all may be lost just yet.

Ian.

Comment

Close up of Bevo Eagles
                  Attached Files

Comment

another
                    Attached Files

Comment

backside
                      Attached Files

Comment

Camo eagle
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wool Eagle which came off of a 5 pc swatch . I trimmed it down to regulation size.
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK clearer better images! The eagles do look good, indeed not all is lost!

Comment

the 4/25 tab is SA or possibly early NSKK as the numbers are metal.
                              http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X