M37 tailor altered uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M37 tailor altered uniform?

Can anyone help me on this salty uniform?

I bought it from a friend (wasn't so expensive) and he is sure its original SS.
    I think as well that its an original uniform, but i've got no idea what kind (what type).

This tunic was completely striped; buttons, insignia and even most of the lining was removed.
    The friend from who i bought this added some repro insignia for effect, aswell as 2 loops for shoulder boards (originaly it were sewn-in shoulder boards) and buttons.
    But even with the repro insignia on it, i was able to see the "shadows" of were the insignia in WWII was.

The only lining that is still in place is in the arms and a little bit next to it.
    I even found a stamp and some handwriting on the lining in one arm (the one were the eagle used to be).
    I don't know much about SS uniforms, but could this be a tailor altered M37?
    Or is it something else that has been altered? (or is nothing altered and is this just a "normal" tunic?).

Pictures (click on them to enlarge):

Might look a bit yellow, but it is not yellow.

Stamp and handwriting on the lining in one of the arms.

I've got no idea what that orange stuff is on the arm eagle "shadow".

You can see that the lining is really removed.

I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

If its an authentic ww2 tunic, what a nice restoration project this can be

Comment

IMO this is not WWII. The quality of the material and the workmanship is not up to the standard of any WWII and earlier uniform item from anywhere in Europe that I have ever seen.

I think that this is a costume house piece maybe for the theatre as I don't think that it is detailed enough to be considered a fake.

Comment

It not Autentic...
        Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
          IMO this is not WWII. The quality of the material and the workmanship is not up to the standard of any WWII and earlier uniform item from anywhere in Europe that I have ever seen.

I think that this is a costume house piece maybe for the theatre as I don't think that it is detailed enough to be considered a fake.
          Agree, good/great cal.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post

Agree, good/great call.

Comment

Sounds like i need to get my money back
              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X