No announcement yet.

m1/24 TK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But still - what is this stuff arround upper edge on first pic?

Comment

I believe it to be a late war anomaly.

Best, Chris

Comment

Skull

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
        I was the second highest bidder at $356. I wish I had bid more.
        Brad,
        It is lucky for you that you did not bid more. The skull arrived yesterday and it is a POS. Made out of soft lead. It is now on its way back to the land down under. I was really fooled by that picture I must admit.
        Peter

Comment

I told you sooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

P.S. If you have to explain why somthing is not quite right "late war anomaly" ect, it is most likely going to be fake!

Comment

ouch that is bad if only i can have this specimen so that i can compare it in hand with the others i have.

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
              I told you sooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

P.S. If you have to explain why somthing is not quite right "late war anomaly" ect, it is most likely going to be fake!
              I wouldn't be so fast to gloat if I were you. Similar logic led you to the wrong conclusion about this one:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=298731

...and you thought this original eagle was a fake too:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=228946

I don't think you are in a position to lecture to Chris.

Comment

It is not that uncommon to see metal shears on the sides of a zinc piece.
                They look much different than a cast piece.

Best, Chris

Comment

I wouldn't be so fast to gloat if I were you. Similar logic led you to the wrong conclusion about this one:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=298731

...and you thought this original eagle was a fake too:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=228946

I don't think you are in a position to lecture to Chris.

Oh I see, the pieces you posted above are good because you say so

First off, I was not lecturing anyone. This is a learning forum and this thread shows that even the sharpest among us can be wrong.

Now more than ever fakes are being accepted as real. I believe part of this phenomenon is because the quality of fakes has gotten better, but more and more collectors are willing to explain away problems with a piece because they want to believe it is real.

Comment

Oh I see, the pieces you posted above are good because you say so

...Now more than ever fakes are being accepted as real.
                    I take it that you stand by your condemnation of those pieces, then?

Comment

I take it that you stand by your condemnation of those pieces, then?

Nothing gets past you...

Comment

Nothing gets past you...
                        Well, those uninformed opinions speak much louder about the real level of your "expertise" than does your smart mouth.

Comment

Well, those uninformed opinions speak much louder about the real level of your "expertise" than does your smart mouth.

Yes, oh great informed one, I hear and will obey! Fake SS items are real if you say so!!!!! Will do ... wrote it down ... committed it to memory..from this point forward if you say so it is fact!

P.S. wish you would have been the high bidder... you could have had another "real" TK......

Comment

Yes, oh great informed one, I hear and will obey! Fake SS items are real if you say so!!!!! Will do ... wrote it down ... committed it to memory..from this point forward if you say so it is fact!
                            I would be the first to admit that I am far from infallible, particularly when making an assessment based solely on photographs (the TK that is the subject of this thread is certainly proof of that). However, that being said, I am as certain as I can possibly be given the limitations of this medium that those other two pieces of insignia, which you declare to be fake, are absolutely authentic. That may not mean anything to you and I really couldn't care less. You are welcome to whatever opinion you like. I point them out not to convince you of anything, but to illustrate to others here how little real knowledge you have to back up your big mouth.

Comment

I would be the first to admit that I am far from infallible, particularly when making an assessment based solely on photographs (the TK that is the subject of this thread is certainly proof of that). However, that being said, I am as certain as I can possibly be given the limitations of this medium that those other two pieces of insignia, which you declare to be fake, are absolutely authentic. That may not mean anything to you and I really couldn't care less. You are welcome to whatever opinion you like. I point them out not to convince you of anything, but to illustrate to others here how little real knowledge you have to back up your big mouth.

Yes great one, I hear and obey

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X