Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS „Freikorps Dänemark“ Buttons

Hi guys
    Here is some rare find of buttons i got from a collector near Grambow (Vorpommern) where the danish legion was defending a railwaystation against the russian advance and acording to my source these buttons are from that area. We had aprox 8000 danish men in the SS ranks and meny of these guys did not get home during the very hard fighting on the easternfront. my questions is > are these german made, do you guys have some others to compare whit, and what uniform it belong too.
    The large button is 25 mm whit the maker VF and the small one is 12 mm whit a maker symbol. sadly they have allmost lost ther golden plating but some can still be seen. feel free to comment

cheers

Billede 055.jpg

[ATTACH]1088758[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1088759[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1088760[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1088761[/ATTACH]

Comment

end

[ATTACH]1088762[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sorry to say, but these buttons have NOTHING to do with either the Danish Freikorps or the 24. SS Pz. Gren regt. Danmark. These are regular Danish army buttons, used by the Danish army !

By the way, the the Freikorps never fought in Vorpommeren. The Danish Freikoprs was disbanded in Graz in 1943 !

Comment

Have to concurr with AJ ...

These are danish buttons, but was never issued to 24 SS PZ GR RGT "DK".

The Schalburg Korps used them but this is clearly not the thing here.

Be very careful when buying such items as the story seems to be better than proved.

Jens

Comment

hi jens and AJ thx for respons.

I did make a contact to my seller whit some questions and yes its correct its danish buttons heres his respons in german > Im „Felddienst“ trugen die Angehörigen der dänischen SS die khakifarbene Dienstuniform des dänischen Heeres (Modell 1923)mit den Löwenknöpfen . Mit der endgültigen Eingliederung der dänischen Freiwilligen in die Waffen-SS trugen diese die reguläre deutsche Felduniform dieser Truppe.
                  Thats sets something in perspective both the ideoligy and the german high standard of uniform regularity. I was so luckey that 20 years ago i did know 2 of these guys very well and was talking about the war and especally what happend after the war which in my opinion is a very sad part of my contrys history thoe the danish goverment said plz plz join the German army during the war but after the war whit a new goverment they made it illegal and these surviving guys was sentes to min 5 year in prison for participating whit the german army This major political fault IS STILL NOT CORRECTED
                  Most of these guys was not fanatic nazis actually most of ther ideoligy was based on beating the kommunists whit all means and surely anger of surrendering the danish army at the 9 april when German invaded denmark and most of the SS recruting was from the " angry" danish Army whish still brings me back to this subject, did they really allowed the danes to where the danish uniform in some situations? sadly to say is my 2 guys is long gone and my questions at that time did not involve uniforms futher on i still wonder what the hek these non value buttons do deep down in Gemany where i without any doubts know there are founded.

cheers

Comment

what do you want to say with this thread?
                    The buttons you have, are quite wortles, they never belonged to any danish SS legion fighting the East!!

Comment

try read my respons again

Comment

I can imagine some Danish soldier of the "Danmark" replaced his standard German buttons with these. That´s the only explanation I can see.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X