estonian patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

estonian patch

Is this the correct design; fake or not?
    I have never seen one like this.'
    http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-German-Eston...1%7C240%3A1318

Its the unpopular (1st) German design. Not sure if its original and if not its a close copy! The design is correct. However the Estonians prefered the "mailed arm" with Sword + "E"... (2nd design)
    They did not like this simpler design as the sword pierces the "E" ... was deemed negative...

Comment

The tabs are fakes from the early 90s, the base cloth is the tell tale sign

Cheers

Comment

Fakes. The angles and details are way off from originals.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bad.

Comment

thanku for the info on the design on the patch. I know they are bad fakes, but I had never seen the design before. Interesting information about the negative feeling about the sword.
            minitanx

Comment

thanku for the info on the design on the patch. I know they are bad fakes, but I had never seen the design before. Interesting information about the negative feeling about the sword.
              minitanx

Comment

A uniform removed original.

Bob Hritz
                Attached Files
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

This is my original:

Comment

Originally posted by ethreecee View Post
                    Interesting information about the negative feeling about the sword.
                    The thing was that this design looked alot like a word "Ei", which in Estonian means "no" and was interpreted by some as "No Estonia anymore" or "Never again free Estonia". And of course it's incredibly ugly
                    The new design for the collar tab was chosen by soldiers themselves and was inspired by the "sacrest" Estonian award- Vabadusrist (the Freedom/Indiependence Cross)

Comment

I quite like this German design. And IMO the negative opinion on these were only taken considering Harald Riipalu and he`s company`s, who were first to receive the first examples.
                      Well anyway here`s one handmade example. There are 3 exactly the same collar insignias in different private collections. They were ground dug years ago. This one is attached to original tab where beneath the E and sword has been cut away with razor by the owner after the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X