Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - SS Headgear

Hi Everyone

OK, I'm looking for some help here. I'm attaching some photos of some alleged SS headgear that a buddy of mine had in his collection. He passed away and I'm trying to help his wife out with some of this stuff in his collection. I have no background in SS, although I do have some opinions. I wanted to run it by the group and see what the general consensus is. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Andrew

1st up - SS Hat

Comment

2nd - SS Hat (Black)

Comment

Sorry, insignia, cap band, visor.. all bad. Bad repros.

Comment

Sorry Andrew, these are really bad.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hats

These are equivalent to someone putting fake ss insignia on a US army hat.

Comment

Both are quite bad.

I see some SS camo hiding in the first pic, I'm going to guess that also is probably bad just going off these two visors thus far....

Comment

Omg

Yeech, delete fotos please.

Comment

Andrew, sorry these are really bad. Mike.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Sorry for the delay, I was working on a 56k dial-up and just gave in. I had my feelings confirmed on the above.

I have a bunch of other photos to post so I won't say anything more. I'll try and get them up shortly.

Thanks to everyone for the input (except the good Dr. - I'll try and get a hot blonde to pose with the next group to decrease the ugliness of the hats for you.... )

Andrew

Comment

Bloody hell, does your buddy really think these are real?!?

Comment

The poor guy has just died, for God's sake...give some respect!!

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                          Bloody hell, does your buddy really think these are real?!?
                          Well, actually he passed away so I don't imagine the veracity of these items is high on his list right now. (Gotta try and find levity where you can)

Anyway, he was not a III Reich collector. He got these many years ago (Over 15 or so I would suspect) in a trade and probably took them at face value. He collected police items and so they would not have been his bailiwick.

SS Stuff is not my area of interest either, so while I had a feeling they were reproductions, I told the widow I would have them checked by the experts and relay the opinions.

Andrew

Comment

Hello there,

These are not original.

William Kramer
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Yikes, these are horrible fakes.

Sorry to hear about your friends passing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X