i need some help about
    SS Bergführer cloth Badge for Offiziers
    with Metallic Thread.

Can give me to Informations ?

Thanks
    Mike

Nobody ?

Comment

,,supposedly they existed. I have a photo of one everyone liked from a few years ago. If you email me I'll send it to you...

Comment

Ss Bergfuhrerabzeichen For Officers

These Badges Did Exist And Approximately 44 Were Known To Have Been Awarded According To Information In Angola's Work On Ss Cloth Insignia. I Have One I Purchased From Helmut Weitze In 2003 But Without The Cloth Backing Which Shows The Handstiched Pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVLRSEASIA View Post
          These Badges Did Exist And Approximately 44 Were Known To Have Been Awarded According To Information In Angola's Work On Ss Cloth Insignia. I Have One I Purchased From Helmut Weitze In 2003 But Without The Cloth Backing Which Shows The Handstiched Pattern.
          I would be wary of this figure. I think it's more likely that 44 members of the Waffen-SS qualified as Bergführers in total: it was (and is) a long and arduous course.

I've never seen an SS-Bergführer badge which I've liked. In that it is supposed to be a breast badge, I find it odd that most of them seem to be roughly the same size as the W-SS arm edelweiss. I also think it is odd that the badges are embroidered rather than enamel, as was the case with the army, the police and so on. I'm prepared to be persuaded, but right now I don't like what I've seen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X